DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Im doing my purchasing research

reaperman

Reactions
After researching which drone to step into, naturally I confused myself the more research I did. I don't need a fancy high dollar unit and my budget really isn't as much of a issue for just a basic hobbyist as myself. I thought I had my mind made up with the mini 2 with my only concern being the wind vs small drone. So then do I step into the Air 2? I've read just about all of the topics and YouTube videos on that ford/chevy debate. One topic I recently came upon is the issue of stress cracks on the Air 2, and dji not really standing behind what appears to be a manufacturer defect. That alone brings raises a red flag in my book and brings my thinking back to the Mini 2.

As far as purchasing, I would lean towards dronenerds, because they don't charge sales tax which is over 7% in my great state. Plus cashback from Rakuten and a $20 signup bonus. Which would more that cover the cost of a dji refresh plan, I'd most likely go with a 2 year plan. Is my thinking on the right track?

My thoughts:
1. Go with the MA2
2. Get the 2 year Refresh especially since carcass recovery is no longer required.

... btw my sales tax is 10.5%
Is that a worldwide change in C/R? I saw that they did that in mainland China, but questions remained regarding the rest of the world.

If budget isn't an issue don't think twice about jumping over the Mini 2 for the MA2. The Mini 2 is formidable than the Mini 1. But the MA2 will be not only be able to fight higher winds, but be more stable in them and have more battery power to spare when fighting higher winds to return home. It's got some other tricks that the Mini 2 doesn't have.

Where the Mini 2 might be the choice would be in one of three situations: 1) In a country outside of the US where going over 250 grams has much stiffer requirements. Here is only requires a $5 generic registration for the heavier drone. 2) If you plan on flying a lot indoors and in tight spaces and want something small a light. 3) If you need to stay super compact for travel (though the controllers are identical and you pick up some weight and size in the MA2 body and batteries.

Put another way... Other than the reasons state above, IMO the Mini 2 is something you can grow out of, but the MA2 is something you can grow into.

BTW.. I got my Mavic 2 Pro from Drone Nerds ordering over the phone. It was great. Tax here is 10.25%, so with the fly more kit is saved me well over $100 in tax savings alone. They were great to work with and I have no reservations recommending them. However, if you get a "Payboo" card from B&H Photo the tax free aspect is in play as well. I got my Mini 2 from them and was happy with the service as well.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803