DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm getting this message in every flight: Braking Now! Return sticks to midpoints first

Usually it's if you are heading towards a low sun, make sure the sensors are clean - dirt won't help.
If you seem to be stranded change to sport mode which turns sensors off.
You can still fly at modest speed with gentle input.

Reactions: doublesixes
I'll try that. In a particular case yesterday, I was flying southward and away from the sun at an altitude of 100 mts in a coastal area with no real obstacles around. So it's really puzzling to hear that warning message. Thanks for the super fast response!

if there are lots of birds flying about they will trigger the sensors if they fly very close to the drone

if there are lots of birds flying about they will trigger the sensors if they fly very close to the drone
Interesting. Never thought about that but it's a plausible explanation. The Zoom was about 500 meters away so I couldn't see a flock of birds or even a single one on my screen. I was flying in P mode so its forward and backward sensors were on. I will clean the sensors but I doubt there's anything wrong with them.

Reactions: old man mavic
Interesting. Never thought about that but it's a plausible explanation. The Zoom was about 500 meters away so I couldn't see a flock of birds or even a single one on my screen. I was flying in P mode so its forward and backward sensors were on. I will clean the sensors but I doubt there's anything wrong with them.
i know it does happen, as i have had a similar message when i was over a thousand feet out over a large lake, and it was not until i viewed the video that i saw that a flock of small peewit sized birds had buzzed my drone several times as they flew by, and on one flypast they were really close to the front of my mav made for some great footage thought

Reactions: JAW and doublesixes
I was facing the same with M2Z, but i was unable to understand the reason. Discussion of this thread has helped a lot..

This happens when my drone flies unobstructed and even higher than any object within 100 meters. This is starting to frustrate me a big deal. Anybody experiencing the same issue and is there a way to fix it? Thanks.
you need to calibrate the sensors very simple thing to do

i know it does happen, as i have had a similar message when i was over a thousand feet out over a large lake, and it was not until i viewed the video that i saw that a flock of small peewit sized birds had buzzed my drone several times as they flew by, and on one flypast they were really close to the front of my mav made for some great footage thought
Were you flying a Piper Cherokee?

Reactions: old man mavic
Simple?Drives me crazy lining up the boxes tho a bit better than when I was a rank beginner.Don't chew gum.
lol,one of the things i love about drones is working on them,its a challenge for the mentally challenged moron i can be

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karthikeyan103