DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm headed to Savannah Ga this weekend. any place worth flying around/to?

Ha! I'm in Savannah. You definitely have to come out to my job, The Club at Savannah Harbor which is the golf course at the Westin resort which is the only hotel across river street.. It's not just the golf course you can fly at but all over that island. Hutchinson Island.
Just message me and I'll give you my phone number or meet you or help you however I can.

Reactions: Former Member
The waterfront if allowed to fly there. Lots of good restaurants, have lunch at the Chart house. If you can try and get some of the rivers heading out to the ocean.

Reactions: Former Member
Hmm.. No comment on the Chart house.. Lol.

And on "River Street" you can NOT fly there.
But you can right across that river at the Westin! ;)
I’d have recommended the platter at The Crab Shack (the real one, on Tybee, not Joe's Crab Shack downtown).

Last edited:
A good place to fly is on Tybee Island. There is a great photo op on the way to the island, Cockspur Lighthouse, which is by Fort Pulaski. On the Island, Tybee Lighthouse is great to fly around as well as over the marshes. On the North Beach you can catch the container ships entering and leaving the Savannah River, lots of shrimp boats too. Have a great time

I love flying on Tybee Island.The lighthouse, Fort Screvin, and the beach is a great area to fly. Another great spot is the pier further down the island.

There is also a place near Savannah called thunderbolt ga that I loved to fly.

There is also a place near Savannah called thunderbolt ga that I loved to fly.
these are "the islands" out here.... Tons of places...
Please stay away from the City limits if you're concerned about laws... In the County around here (everywhere except the 1x2 mile downtown city limits... You're good... There's Hunter Army Airfield which is the largest US milatary airbase anywhere around here.
Stay away from the city if you want to fly extended flights.... If you're going stright up and snapping a pic then downtown is fine. If you want to enjoy flying... Get on the coasts around here anywhere... Fly across the marshlands for miles...

I live here and in Hutchinson Island across from river street is where I work... Dm me I'll give you my number.. I want to find someone to fly with and learn... I'll buy the beer!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e