DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm on the verge of returning the Mavic

Zoro

Reactions
I love this thing when it works.

First time I flew it last week I had no problems.... no app crashes or loss of video for two separate 1 hour flight periods. Then I need a bigger screen so I bought an iPhone 7 plus. Today the app crashed about 15 times during my four battery run. Every time I hit return to home the Mavic would just descend Straight down where ever it was...... horrifying! I guess when the app crashes it looses it's home location. This thing is a joke! I'm gonna end up crashing it because of this dysfunctional POS app!

As a last resort Should I try Litchi....... or just send this thing back?

Reactions: TylerDrake16
Before you send it back, since this seems not to be the norm for many others, check for solutions you can resolve first. I know I love mine and I would feel the same way as you in your shoes, but you most likely can find and resolve the cause.

Look to some others who have had success in finding solutions here:

Search Results for Query: app crashing | DJI Mavic Drone Forum

Good luck!

Reactions: CoolBreeze
The app just gives your video feed of your drone but you can still direct and control the drone as long as your controller is within range.

Maybe good to try another app instead? Interesting that it crashes on iOS as it usually very stable.

I've had similar problems and DJI swapped out my Mavic Pro. That said, I did get to the bottom of the problem beforehand.

The issue seems caused by RFI through the possibly damaged or unshielded DJI cable. This is particularly noticeable when using an iPhone 7 plus. The drop outs are more common during low mobile reception as the iPhone increases its transmitting power. The following solutions are available:

1. Fly with another cable. The original Apple cable is confirmed to be working. Tested and works.
  2. Fly in Airplane Mode. Tested and works.
  3. Swap out your kit with DJI. Not confirmed to be 100% successful as above methods. I haven't tested my replacement fully. Though I have noticed that's the replacement cable is different to the original one provided.
Good luck and sorry to hear about the frustrating issues. There's some serious tech in these drones. Which means the possibly for even more serious problems.

I've had similar problems and DJI swapped out my Mavic Pro. That said, I did get to the bottom of the problem beforehand.

The issue seems caused by RFI through the possibly damaged or unshielded DJI cable. This is particularly noticeable when using an iPhone 7 plus. The drop outs are more common during low mobile reception as the iPhone increases its transmitting power. The following solutions are available:

1. Fly with another cable. The original Apple cable is confirmed to be working. Tested and works.
  2. Fly in Airplane Mode. Tested and works.
  3. Swap out your kit with DJI. Not confirmed to be 100% successful as above methods. I haven't tested my replacement fully. Though I have noticed that's the replacement cable is different to the original one provided.
Good luck and sorry to hear about the frustrating issues. There's some serious tech in these drones. Which means the possibly for even more serious problems.

Thanks for all,the suggests expectedly to Tom.

I took her out again today for an hour and a half. I got to thinking when I got the new IPhone 7 they transferred all my apps over to my new phone and all the changes to the Go 4 app didn't hold over. So, I dicieded to update the app.

Today I had two crashes ( not Mavic crashes) then remembered to turn on Airplane mode. That seemed to fix it as I flew for an hour or more with and had no crashes

Thanks for all the help I love this thing!

Reactions: Bobvt
I love this thing when it works.

First time I flew it last week I had no problems.... no app crashes or loss of video for two separate 1 hour flight periods. Then I need a bigger screen so I bought an iPhone 7 plus. Today the app crashed about 15 times during my four battery run. Every time I hit return to home the Mavic would just descend Straight down where ever it was...... horrifying! I guess when the app crashes it looses it's home location. This thing is a joke! I'm gonna end up crashing it because of this dysfunctional POS app!

As a last resort Should I try Litchi....... or just send this thing back?

This is not a normal behavior under iPhone 7+ . I never had a crash with the same configuration.
Latest firmware, RC and Mavic, and GO4 4.1.5
I did all updates as they came out and never experienced an app crash. Only on android it happened me a few times.

I stopped using the mini USB side port and started using the full size USB port underneath the controller with a quality cable as i switches from iPhone to iPad. No issues so far....

I will try that. I actually bought one to use with a
I stopped using the mini USB side port and started using the full size USB port underneath the controller with a quality cable as i switches from iPhone to iPad. No issues so far....

Good news! I actually bought this for my iPad pro (big one) it doesn't fit too small, so I'll just use it with my iPhone 7. I got a USB extended cable to go with it.
Amazon.com : SKYREAT DJI Mavic Pro DJI Spark Aluminum-Alloy Foldable Extender 4-12 Inches Tablet Mount Holder, Snap On / Off Bracket for Mavic, DJI Spark Remote Controller : Camera & Photo

This is not a normal behavior under iPhone 7+ . I never had a crash with the same configuration.
Latest firmware, RC and Mavic, and GO4 4.1.5
I did all updates as they came out and never experienced an app crash. Only on android it happened me a few times.

Hum...... it never crashed with airplane mode on.

I did have one strange thing happen. I had it in tripped mode going down low about 2 feet above ground in a dried up river-bed.... going along nicely then all of a sudden it seemed to jump out of tri-pode mode speed up and hit the ground. I have it on film which I made and will post later. I was able to catch it before it hit anything..... just scraped the ground then I hit the elevator and averted a crash.

I have iPhone 7 + with T-Mobile . No issues with Mavic on latest firmware and latest DJI Go 4 app! Using lightning cable that was stock on RC. Never tried turning on airplane mode.

When I got my MP I left it in beginner mode for a long time and just familiarized myself with all the options. It is hard, I know, but patience pays off!
Amont other things, I tried the R2H function like a dozend times, at different altitudes and distances, just to see it with my own yes and get a good feeling for how it works and what the different settings actually mean.

What I'm trying to say is this:
Be patient and accept that you remain an apprentice for many flights. Easy as it seams, the MP is a complicated piece of flying equipment! My advice: Wait until all settings and procedures become second nature to you, and only then start doing more daring stuff...

Well, just my 2c

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos