DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Im proof i dont know everything...

silverdragon

Reactions
Question #1 The icon above the Land and Return to Home Icon that's on the Left side of Screen, its the icon that shuts down left or right movement of the AirCraft. At time it fades in and out green and red. Also green and white. What does it mean when it does that? Or where can I actually find the all the info on that icon.

Attachments

• 1601219272356426108314633573892.jpg
    1601219272356426108314633573892.jpg
    783.8 KB · Views: 142
Question #1 The icon above the Land and Return to Home Icon that's on the Left side of Screen, its the icon that shuts down left or right movement of the AirCraft. At time it fades in and out green and red. Also green and white. What does it mean when it does that? Or where can I actually find the all the info on that icon.
I would suggest to read the manual..... but as it hasn’t been updated since mid June....!

I would suggest to read the manual..... but as it hasn’t been updated since mid June....!
I looked for it and could not find any documentation on it so my last resort is the coolest drone forum to date.

I looked for it and could not find any documentation on it so my last resort is the coolest drone forum to date.
That’s because there isn’t any (I was attempting sarcasm). I haven’t found any guidance written down either. I have hounded DJI on their forum where a nice person said they would pass my comments to the relevant department, but I’m not holding my breath!

Green means obsticle avoidance is active. Red means it's not active (either you turned it off, or entered Sport mode). I can't recall what white means at the moment though.

Reactions: MA2 317
Yeah but, what does it mean when it alternates between green and red? Red,green,red,green that's what's baffling me.

I have just asked on-line DJI support in China. The guy said the color of the icon will alternate between red and green if the ambient light is marginal for APAS to work. In what environment did you see it ? Can you post a video ?

I have just asked on-line DJI support in China. The guy said the color of the icon will alternate between red and green if the ambient light is marginal for APAS to work. In what environment did you see it ? Can you post a video ?
That sounds like it can make sense,, next time it happens I will make a mental note on the type of day or time of day.

Reactions: MA2 317
YES YES YES!!! that is what that icon is for ...Just answer the question geesh

Jeeeez, Mental note....That icon has meaning....."The Truth Is Out There" got that Scully

Reactions: itsneedtokno
No one knows everything.

Yeah but, what does it mean when it alternates between green and red? Red,green,red,green that's what's baffling me.

Hi silverdragon ...I know nothin about nothin...but I do know how difficult it is, particularly for some of the male population - where 1:12 are colourblind!
So it becomes a guessing game for so many visual prompts in so many arenas.
Standard lighting on drones is even a problem....and it looks like I can add this subject matter to it.
What do you see? I am a NO NUMBER specimen ...so that explains why I keep going through red lights...not really, Red is at the Top LOL. I believe they are modified somehow to cater for sufferers of the most common form of color blindness - being Red & Green.
Safe flying mate and look left and right before going through traffic lights....from Down Under (where the Red is at the bottom LOL)

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 9.41.29 am.png

Is this considered a "Oxymoronic" answer. No pun intended.

So that's APAS. In the Go app for M2, APAS is controlled by an icon being the words APAS.

APAS on: maneuver around obstacles.
APAS off: stop at obstacles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty