DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm thinking of throwing in the towel on Android

tony56shooter

Reactions
I have been using the Android Nexus 7 Gen 2. Each time I do a Firmware or DJI Go 4 update things go south a little more.

I just did an update today to the DJI GO 4 app and now I can only see 1/3 of the screen and it has about 1.5 second lag. These issues were not there before the update today. I use my Mavic almost daily.

Dose anyone have an opinion on Apple Mini 2 or Mini 4? It will only be use to Fly the Mavic Pro. Any suggestion on either of these? How many GB's or Ram is needed to try and solve my issues. It's just not safe to use my Nexus & gen 2 anymore.

thank you in advance for any and all help,

Tony

Flying with an iPad Mini 4 (128 gig) on all my DJI platforms with NO issues. Sit tight and the Android "Fan Boys" will soon chime in and tell you what you're doing wrong, which probably is nothing.

Reactions: tony56shooter
They have been adding some kind of encryption to thwart modifying it but apparently cracked already.
It will make the legit app even more demanding.
I there a way to go back to the DJI GO 4 app before today's update? It was working okay with it.

About 6 months ago I jumped ship from Android, just for my drone stuff though. I've found everything just "works" better on iOS for DJI Go and Go 4. I use iPad Air 2.

About 6 months ago I jumped ship from Android, just for my drone stuff though. I've found everything just "works" better on iOS for DJI Go and Go 4. I use iPad Air 2.
This may be a lot to ask, but could you send me the link you used to order it? Or what ever you can send me so I can order one.

This may be a lot to ask, but could you send me the link you used to order it? Or what ever you can send me so I can order one.
I got a like new one on eBay at about half the price as new. I needed the LTE version for Verizon but didn't want to pay Verizon prices.

I got a like new one on eBay at about half the price as new. I needed the LTE version for Verizon but didn't want to pay Verizon prices.
I'm only going to use it for the Mavic Pro. I'll need WiFi. Do I still need to worry about FTE? What is FTE?

I'm only going to use it for the Mavic Pro. I'll need WiFi. Do I still need to worry about FTE? What is FTE?
Just buy a used iPad mini from a pawn shop if you don't want to pay full retail. Use your cellphone as a hotspot for the Wi-Fi. I use a mini2 I think. AT&T gave away a free mini when you bought the iPhone 7 on black Friday last yr. So I use it for the mp exclusively. Just waiting on DJI to send the mp back now is all. Motor overload issues fixed for free.. The gimbal never did recalibrate from day one... So I think it was a manuf defect.

Absolutely no issues on my Nexus 7 2013 or Nexus 5x android here. Firmware updates work fine, Go4 hasnt crashed yet in 60 something flights. It just "works".

Absolutely no issues on my Nexus 7 2013 or Nexus 5x android here. Firmware updates work fine, Go4 hasnt crashed yet in 60 something flights. It just "works".
I have had over 350 flights. About 10% of those have been on a Samsung Note 3. I was looking to get a bigger screen and went with a Nexus & gen 2. All has been pretty good. Facebook livestream has never been good. But other than that the Nexus 7 was good. As the new firmware and DJI GO 4 updates come out it is going south a little at a time. I just went back to DJI GO4 4.0.6 things are better but no FB livestream.

Used a Nexus 5x for a few weeks. Crashed once or twice per flight. Gave up and went to iPad Mini 4 Cellular and no crashes since in 50 or so flights.

There are certain Android tablets and phones that work fine, but where I live it was too simple to just go to the Apple Store and get an iPad, and I didn't want to risk losing my drone as my flight distances got larger.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike