DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Image and Video Files Corrupted

benzine78

Reactions
I have been getting image and file corruption the last few days.
The following things have been attempted without resolution:

1. Formatted SD Card
  2. Replaced SD Card
  3. Tested photo and video capture indoors.
  4. Formated Internal memory.
Nothing has worked. Has this happended to anyone, if so was there any fix apart from returning it for repairs?

Ben

Attachments

• DJI_0294-2.jpg
    DJI_0294-2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 51
I have been getting image and file corruption the last few days.
The following things have been attempted without resolution:

1. Formatted SD Card
  2. Replaced SD Card
  3. Tested photo and video capture indoors.
  4. Formated Internal memory.
Nothing has worked. Has this happended to anyone, if so was there any fix apart from returning it for repairs?

Ben
That legit looks like a bad sensor if you have done the above actions already. Is it every image? Also is video impacted?

As asked above - do you get the same distortion pattern on every image? If so - it is most likely to be a camera sensor problem.

To me it looks more like image transfer error... Did anything happen to your camera/gimbal recently, which could damage wires inside?

P.S. Image is distorted which means lens correction has been applied. This rules out file corruption.

Last edited:
To me it looks more like image transfer error... Did anything happen to your camera/gimbal recently, which could damage wires inside?

P.S. Image is distorted which means lens correction has been applied. This rules out file corruption.

I recently travelled with it in my carry on on a flight without its case but wrapped in a cloth. Something may have happened to it like a knock. Funny thing is when U preview the images on the phone via the app the images look fine. See attached. Screenshot_20200627-175837.png

If the phone works, what is the corrupted images being viewed on ?

Are these raw photos converted to JPEG ?

What editor are you using ?

Funny thing is when U preview the images on the phone via the app the images look fine. See attached.

Interesting indeed... Don't know what to think. Does your drone allow transferring full versions, not just previews? So that you can view them in the app as well?

So, it looks like that in Windows 10 photo app and also Adobe Lightroom. Never had this issue before. Always shot in RAW.

I think the preview images are jpegs, like that selection to shoot RAW+Jpegs

Have you got a raw file we can test on our systems

Do be
I think U may be right but no DJI care. Expired. Do U know how much it would cost to replace the sensor?

Don't believe you can get a sensor by itself, but for the complete Hasselblad camera hardware it's probably about 800 usd from a reputable source and 600 USD from aliexpress

Had one or two corrupted files - my fault not stopping video on app before shutting down, corrupted on sd card and only video, photos ok. Didn't realise cause of corrupted files until read reason on Mavic Pilots, what a great set of helpful guys (and gals) on this site!

There are 2 different recording paths here. The pix on the phone/tablet are independently recorded to it from the reduced resolution images transmitted from the drone. The SD card images are recorded entirely in the drone with the image pipeline terminated at the SD card. The same sensor produces the starting image. If one image is good, and the other bad the problem is not the sensor. It is further down the pipeline.

From your description, it sounds the problem is in the SD card pipeline. Causes include a SD card not speed rated for what you are trying to do, shutting the drone off before all the images are recorded, a bad format of the card itself.

I haven't had to check if this is possible on my Mavic yet, but on the Phantom, it was possible to get a loose connection on the cable that ran from the camera / gimbal package to the body of the aircraft. It was connect at both ends with a push-on, multi-pin connector. If I were in your shoes, I would be looking for that before sending it in, if you're so inclined to do the troubleshooting.

I had another case with an older drone where it got put away in the case still turned on. When I got home, I heard beeping in the case and took it out to find it very hot, almost too hot to touch. IT then had that purple bandings in recorded images. That one got sent in and need a camera/gimbal package replacement. Did anything like that occur (over heating the drone)?

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent