DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Image capture file types

Amac123

Reactions
Hi guys,
I have had a bit of a break from it all, work and all that!

Decided to get back into it, and so as out early this morning.

Currently I am taking images in jpeg, when I have taken a pic, sometimes it also takes a very low resolution thumbnail as well as the full jpeg.
Also some file names are "screen" and some are "org"

Is there a purpose to the "thumbnail" image, can I just delete them?
Is there somewhere in the settings to stop the thumbnail?
Does anyone know what the difference is between "screen" and "org"

Or if there is a link to a description that would be great.

Thanks a lot for any help or advice.

Does anyone know what the difference is between "screen" and "org"
If you are shooting jpg, the only files you need to be concerned about are all .jpg files.
Anything else will be low-res cached images or thumbnails and you can delete them

If you are shooting jpg, the only files you need to be concerned about are all .jpg files.
Anything else will be low-res cached images or thumbnails and you can delete them
Cheers, I thought that might be the case, do you know if there is a setting to turn them off?
Thanks for getting back to me.

It seems that you are tansferring the photos from the drone to the phone ( Andriod ? ) , likely automatically. For me, I have disabled such transfer and store everything on the SD card. There is no thumbnails or anything like "screen" or "org" in the SD card, just the full-resolution image files.

Last edited:
Reactions: THE CYBORG
Hi ya,
Yes that is my current set up, yes Andriod.
If I use just the card, o you still see the captured image on the phone screen, for a quick review ?
Cheers for the tip.

If I use just the card, o you still see the captured image on the phone screen, for a quick review ?

I use iphone. I can check the image by pressing the play button on the DJI app but I never do that especially when the drone is in the air.

Okies, thanks for the info, I will have a play around and see, thanks again. Cheers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada