DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Image Transmission Settings Mbps question?

silverdragon

Reactions
Image Trans. Code Rate is it better to have a larger number. For example: is 12.59 better than 4.12???

The higher transmission rate will provide a higher quality image on your phone or tablet. But, as you get farther away and the signal gets weaker, you can wind up with jerky, glitchy images. The lower rate will reduce the occurrence.

If you're using a mini tablet or phone, your best bet would be the lower rate since you're viewing video on a small screen. The lower rate will have no affect on what you record to the SD card. But, if you cache video on your tablet or phone it might reduce the quality of the video. I'm not sure about that. I never cache video to my device.

Thanks for the answer, I fly with the Crystal Sky on the Mavic 2 Zoom and the iPad mini4 (2018) and the Apple 6+ iphone.

M2Z pilot here. I have tried to make adjustments to the rate many many times mainly out of curiosity. I have never found a way to change or adjust the rate. Are you guys saying the rate is actually adjustable? Yes or no is adequate reply. If yes I will revisit and figure it out. I had finally decided rate readings was just for info purposes only.

The video transmission rate is set in the options menu in DJI Go 4. You don't choose the Mbps directly. It's done by selecting 'HD Mode' or 'Normal Mode'. In HD Mode the Mbps is higher than it is in Normal Mode.

I believe Normal mode is 720 and HD is 1080... I'm pretty sure that if the signal starts getting really weak and broken up, the system will automatically switch from HD to Normal in order to maintain a viewable image on the screen.

Attachments

• image-transmission.jpg
    image-transmission.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: ScottM2Zoom1
It looks like some adjustments can be made, I would like to know what would be the best settings if possible.

Try them both and see for yourself :)

Select HD. Fly a bit and note the video quality on your device screen. Now try the same thing in Normal. Again, note the video quality on your screen. Is it better or worse?

Fly out a distance to where the signal gets very weak. Try this in HD and again in Normal. Do you see any video lag when set to HD?

Again, as I mentioned, using a phone or small tablet, it shouldn't really matter. The screen is so small that the lower resolution won't be noticed.

You can switch between normal and HD while you're flying. I do this all the time. If HD becomes laggy switching to normal reduces the lag. Feed of course is lower resolution.....but flight experience is more enjoyable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada