DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Image transmission signal is weak...."

Steve M

Reactions
I get this warning in red on my phone followed by "please adjust antennae." Sometimes it changes to a green 'In flight' message. This is new and even when the M2Z is straight up with VLOS and the flats of the antennae facing the drone. It then loses signal and says connecting and it returns to home. This is in a park from my driveway, anywhere and at only 30 or 40 metres up. This is now consistent behaviour.
Does that sound like a visit to a repairer is needed?
Cheers Steve.

I get this warning in red on my phone followed by "please adjust antennae." Sometimes it changes to a green 'In flight' message. This is new and even when the M2Z is straight up with VLOS and the flats of the antennae facing the drone. It then loses signal and says connecting and it returns to home. This is in a park from my driveway, anywhere and at only 30 or 40 metres up. This is now consistent behaviour.
Does that sound like a visit to a repairer is needed?
Cheers Steve.
You never should fly your drone straight up. The drone do not transmit efficiently from the bottom of the drone. The drone transmit more to the sides. Check this video.

Reactions: Steve M
Thank you Zeus for that, it is not only straight up though it is also up and out 30 metres up 6 ft and out 30 or 40 metres, and even without the phone it will now return to me unrequested where in the past it would behave normally.

Thank you Zeus for that, it is not only straight up though it is also up and out 30 metres up 6 ft and out 30 or 40 metres, and even without the phone it will now return to me unrequested where in the past it would behave normally.

Make sure in your transmission tab from DJI 4 GO app AUTO is selected and you are not lock in a busy channel. Let the software decide what channel and frequency select.

If that does not help, i will reset all settings to default and reload the drone firmware with the DJI Assistance 2 for Mavic. DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic- DJI Download Center- DJI
if you still have problems with a 2 weeks old drone, I will contact DJI for a replacement.

Reactions: Steve M
If disconnection occurred at a distance as short as 30 ~ 40m , either there was very strong interference or the drone / RC is faulty. Mine can go straight up for 350 m and still get 4 signal bars

Ok Zeus I will do all that you say, but just to clarify when I said that "this is new" I meant that the low signal problem is new not the drone which is nearly 2 years old now.
I will check for the Auto position, and do the firmware again if necessary but I suspect that Bob is right and there is a bad connection somewhere.

To wrap this up it was a control board in the drone, and it went to the shop.
Hi, I’m having the same issue with my Mavic 2 pro. It’s so bad the transmission signal drops out if I just turn my back to the drone with it right next to me. When you say control board, are you referring to the main board with the fan attached to it and how did this get diagnosed? Did the control board fix your problems?

Well Corey, to be more accurate, it went to the DJI authorized shop, they sent it to the DJI repairers (I thought that it was them but it was not). They subsequently diagnosed the control board and cost, I didn't enquire further so I don't know the exact board.
The 'repair' consisted of replacing the drone for an apparently new one and charged about $800 for the service.
I looked after the old drone but the new one was better in the feel of all of the controls and all respects.
They are not a cheap thing to maintain unless you do a lot of stuff yourself. But I was happy, my only regret was that I lost my bright skin.

Well Corey, to be more accurate, it went to the DJI authorized shop, they sent it to the DJI repairers (I thought that it was them but it was not). They subsequently diagnosed the control board and cost, I didn't enquire further so I don't know the exact board.
The 'repair' consisted of replacing the drone for an apparently new one and charged about $800 for the service.
I looked after the old drone but the new one was better in the feel of all of the controls and all respects.
They are not a cheap thing to maintain unless you do a lot of stuff yourself. But I was happy, my only regret was that I lost my bright skin.
I sent mine to a DJI “authorized“ repair facility and they pretty much just told me they couldn’t verify the problem even though it fails 99.9% of the time and if it works alright for one flight it will always mess up the following flight. I thought maybe it was the controller but I tried a different known good controller, cable, and phone. It still had issues, so it has to be in the drone. I never crashed it, hard landed, or got it wet. I watched a few videos on how to take it apart and it was really easy, so now it’s mostly disassembled. I don’t see anything obvious. I figured if anything I might see corrosion somewhere since I fly at the beach a lot. I’m not sure what to do with it now. That’s an expensive guess for me to replace the main board.

I sent mine to a DJI “authorized“ repair facility and they pretty much just told me they couldn’t verify the problem even though it fails 99.9% of the time and if it works alright for one flight it will always mess up the following flight. I thought maybe it was the controller but I tried a different known good controller, cable, and phone. It still had issues, so it has to be in the drone. I never crashed it, hard landed, or got it wet. I watched a few videos on how to take it apart and it was really easy, so now it’s mostly disassembled. I don’t see anything obvious. I figured if anything I might see corrosion somewhere since I fly at the beach a lot. I’m not sure what to do with it now. That’s an expensive guess for me to replace the main board.
i have the same problem, did you replace the main board?, do you find a solution?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore