DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMovie drone video editing tutorial

Thank you for your tutorial. Do you know if it is possible to add LUTs using iMovie?

Thank you for your tutorial. Do you know if it is possible to add LUTs using iMovie?
Nope. iMovie doesn't support LUTs. It has only very basic color correction features. I ended up moving to DaVinci Resolve for LUT support and full featured color grading. Apple tends to keep iMovie very basic for entry level users.

Thanks for the responses. I am spending a lot of time learning to fly and taking cinematic video (still a long way to go!). Was hoping to avoid a long learning curve to use a new piece of video editing software as well. One approach I am considering is to use Lightroom Classic CC (which I am very familiar with for photo editing) to add the LUTs and other color grading / processing functions then export as a file to be read by iMovie for editing and audio work. But I find it takes LR forever to export the file.

When I saw that iMovie tutorial above I noticed that lcw1982 mentioned a "filters" option, but stated that they were usually very aggressive in their effects. I thought then perhaps there was a way to convert the LUT into a format that iMovie could read and add it to the filters section. Guess not :-(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb