DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iMovie or Final Cut Pro. What's the difference?

Vin829

Reactions
iMovie is free. Final Cut Pro is $300. What's the difference between the two, and is it worth it

The difference is in the features. iMovie is great for people just starting out with basic video editing and who just want to put video clips together, trim them to their desired lengths, add a few basic effects, transitions and music. FCP has a lot more advanced editing features, better color grading tools, and is better for editing 4k video (using proxy). Adobe Premiere and FCP are probably the two editing tools most professionals work with.

Yea I wanna get into color grading and being able to make nice looking videos. But on the other hand I am a beginner. I don't like how iMovie doesn't support 4k

Practice cutting clips and adding effects/sound in iMovie to start off. Those basic skills will be very similar across both apps. And its okay to start working with 1080p. Unless you have a beefy desktop or laptop with a top-end processor, graphics card, SSD drive and display/monitor, you wouldn't be able to edit/view 4k anyway regardless if you have FCP or not. Although many people edit 4k with-less-than stellar computer specs, using the proxy editing feature of FCP.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR