DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Impact tore main communications loom

jarred125

Reactions
This is not my first Mavic, nor is it the first one I crashed! :p

Sadly I think this might have been a cause for some sort of other failure (drone flew into the side of a building on its own on descent). I don't like to argue with DJI and I love to take stuff apart soooo.

I knew the left rear arm was bad, it was in a few pieces. However when powering on I had a host of IMU/Compass/gimbal errors so I knew something else was up. The impact was bad enough to dislodge the metal cover over the GPS IC, it also happened to be enough to rip the main communications loom right in half.

Thankfully these things are easy to work on, unfortunately it's still quite new and not many parts are available for cheaper. $9 from China but its on the slow boat.

Be safe out there!

Edit: After taking a better look at how this ribbon is routed I think there is a potential for this on any decent sudden impact. I attached my torn ribbon for anyone to see. Where it tore is right where it passes very close to a "sharp" edge of the drone chassis. I attached a second photo (from the RC Geeks teardown) that shows right where this ribbon was cut, passing next to that "sharp" edge of the chassis.

Attachments

• DJI-Mavic-Mini-drone-teardown-guide-repair-releasing-loom-released-1200x801.jpg
    DJI-Mavic-Mini-drone-teardown-guide-repair-releasing-loom-released-1200x801.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0971.jpg
    IMG_0971.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members