DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Import flight data into Litchi/SC (w or without www)

JDJohnson

Reactions
I using Litchi for waypoint photography (at low altitude) and all seems to be working well. Photos are taken at the proper intervals, altitude, speed etc., all appear to be correct. I am using Litchi for my Mavic 2 Pro on a Smart Controller.

The problem I am having is that 80% of the time I visit my mission site(s) I have no internet connection with the SC, however I do maintain a connection with my Verizon onePlus8 android phone.

Since I cannot rely on the SC for internet connectivity perhaps I should use my Android phone as a 'hotspot' and have the SC acquire my Litchi flight missions at the Litchi Mission Hub via the internet on my phone. I would prefer to just upload the *.csv file directly into Litchi on the SC but have so far not found a way to do this. One post I found here at MavicPilots suggested
Thread starter JonasJr Feb 3, 2021
"...once you have saved a mission on mission hub make sure it is downloaded to your device and you are good to go internet connection is no longer needed."

This would solve my problem but when I load the missions on the SC (while in Litchi on the internet at home) and try to load them when the internet is not available on the SC the Litchi flight list is empty.

I am doing plenty of research but so far no luck as to the particulars (one solution offers a cut and paste/Excel process but the problem is how to get it "into" Litchi on the SC).

Any ideas on how to approach this? I am sure to run into this regularly as most of my planned missions are off the beaten path (out in the country). I can count on Verizon for a signal, but not the SC. If I could "load" them into Litchi on the SC that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any ideas that might help. I will continue researching this topic and provide any updates here.

Last edited:
I just discovered in the DJI SC (internal storage) file folders, there is 1 file folder for litchi (with subfolders).

When I loaded my mission files into Litchi (while it was open in the SC) apparently these flight paths were stored under:

"../Litchi/missions/__users/tS123456/". All 5 of my litchi files were there. They appear as folders with their waypoint names. There is a "?" on each file-folder name.

This leaves only loading them up into Litchi while the Litchi program is running in the SC.

Note: In Don Wiley's 2020 Litchi Software Manual he states that logging in "syncs" Litchi missions with linked programs outside of the Mission Hub (pg 28). He also suggested leaving the Mission Hub "on" with the waypoints mission option dialog open (will try this but it would seem that the Session at Litchi would end within a certain time frame?).

Last edited:
I think I have it now. Not quite, but likely a cache/data restriction issue with Litchi.

Converting the iPhone (onePlus8 Android) to a hotspot does end up allowing you to login to Litchi on the DJI SC, through the iPhone hotspot. Only problem remaining: only 3 waypoint missions show up - but again that could be due to some other issue, etc. I was headed out in the field tomorrow AM and was hoping to solve this issue this evening - so posted just in case someone has had this issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada