DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Importing into Davinci Resolve

Reactions
I have downloaded Resolve and tried to import both Mov files and mpg4 files from my Mavic Pro without any success. I have seen a lot of people commenting that they are using this software.

Is there a certain setting I should be using that will allow me to use Resolve or do I need third party software?

I am using a 2011 MacBook Pro.

Craig

I am not an Apple user but I would think a 7 year old computer may struggle to run DV
It is a hungry beast of a programme.

BruceG

Well according to some websites:
Recommended System Requirements
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.10.5 or later, Windows 8.1 or later and Linux CentOS 6.6 or later
CPU: Intel Socket 2011-v3 Core i7, dual Intel Xeon E5-2697 v3 / PC Laptop: Intel Core i5 or i7 processors (PC). 8 Core CPU for HD and 12 Core CPU for UHD or higher resolutions / Laptop: Intel Core i5 or i7 processors (Mac)
Storage Space: 512GB SSD minimum (PC); 512GB Internal flash storage (Mac)
Recommended RAM: 16GB (Windows), 16GB (Mac)
Graphics/VRAM: AMD or CUDA compliant GPU with at least 4GB of graphics RAM
Requires Internet Connection: No

Some claims they were able to use DaVinci Resolve using lower specs unit but they can only edit 1080P or lower videos.

So, if I get this right it is the spec of my computer that is the issue and not Davinci Resolve accepting Mov or mpg4?
Sorry for my ignorance here guys, I have used Premiere Pro and Avid Media Composer without any problem.

Looks like I’ll be sticking with them.

Thanks for your time.

Craig

I just go to media tab at bottom and drag my .mov files or .mp4 files from the directory tree into the media bin, from there go on to edit tab etc. If your computer can open resolve it should have no problem opening a .mov or .mp4

For old machines (like mine), once in the media area, I right click and generate optimized media (which I set to 1/4 resolution in project general settings), else cannot work with 4k files without it being a slideshow.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143