DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Imposed altitude and distance limits

MACunningham

Reactions
Are altitude and distance limited below settings on the Mavic Mini in high winds? I was flying in windy conditions today, and at times I was given a message that I had reached altitude or distance limits which were well below what I had set. Is this a normal function for the safety of the drone?

Are altitude and distance limited below settings on the Mavic Mini in high winds? I was flying in windy conditions today, and at times I was given a message that I had reached altitude or distance limits which were well below what I had set. Is this a normal function for the safety of the drone?
That sounds unlikely.
Post the flight data and it will show what messages appeared and what your limits were.

Interesting that you should report that, as on a couple of occasions I have tried to fly my Mavic Pro in strong winds and at about 5 metres altitude I received the message that the maximum altitude had been reached. :oops: Next time I will post the flight data.

Interesting that you should report that, as on a couple of occasions I have tried to fly my Mavic Pro in strong winds and at about 5 metres altitude I received the message that the maximum altitude had been reached. :oops: Next time I will post the flight data.
If you were getting a max altitude reached message at 5 metres, the most likely explanation would be that you were impatient launching and did not wait for GPS.
If you launch without GPS and you have VPS, the max altitude will be limited to 5 metres until you acquire GPS.
Wind will never change your set altitude limits.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007