DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

impossible to connect to Sony XZ2 ?

i have been facing video freezes with a Moto X Play so i bought a very fast Sony XZ2.

my great disappointment is that in NO WAY it connects.

i have Enabled USB debbugging, selected NDIS USB network, all possible ways and Nothing works.
this is very sad to read
on the other hand I'm very glad because I wasn't far away from buying this phone and I would be very very angry to find out it doesn't work with DJI products

you can either sell it or wait for some custom ROM which could potentially have the support
or you can install Android P beta and try it there

Reactions: cloudpilot
this is very sad to read
on the other hand I'm very glad because I wasn't far away from buying this phone and I would be very very angry to find out it doesn't work with DJI products

you can either sell it or wait for some custom ROM which could potentially have the support
or you can install Android P beta and try it there

@ferraript Thanks for the suggestion to try Android P. I'm afraid it would NOT change Sony's policy to disable the Ethernet protocols in the Kernel. I found about this issue reading about xperia users not being able to use USB-to-Ethernet adapters, i i believe this may the the reason.

Should you have any idea of how to check this or go around this limitations, please let me know. i might return this excellent device, unusable for my DJI piloting use case.

As a matter of fact i have H8314 XZ2 COMPACT model, which does not seem ellegible for the beta program.

if you have an option to return it then do it
XZ2C's thread mentions AOSP ROM, but it can take months until it is finished and as you wrote by yourself - there is no guarantee that it will support DJI GO

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada