Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Improved raw handling with Photoshop's new version

adcimagery

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.adcimagery.com
Has anyone tried out the new version of ACR in Photoshop? I've been testing the new super resolution feature and the older enhance details feature, and I found that they really make quite a difference in processing raw files from my MA2.

I've got some more details about super resolution's testing in both my video and article at Fstoppers, but I'm curious, has anyone else tried these out yet?

The biggest improvement really comes in areas of fine detail - moire and false color can be almost entirely eliminated. Some shots benefit from just enhance details and conventional upscaling, while others can be markedly improved by super resolution - fortunately both are so quick to apply you can really just guess and check which is better.

Has anyone tried out the new version of ACR in Photoshop? I've been testing the new super resolution feature and the older enhance details feature, and I found that they really make quite a difference in processing raw files from my MA2.

I've got some more details about super resolution's testing in both my video and article at Fstoppers, but I'm curious, has anyone else tried these out yet?

The biggest improvement really comes in areas of fine detail - moire and false color can be almost entirely eliminated. Some shots benefit from just enhance details and conventional upscaling, while others can be markedly improved by super resolution - fortunately both are so quick to apply you can really just guess and check which is better.
I’m going to explore this Photoshop capability RIGHT NOW! Thank you

I am super interested in trying this improvement in photoshop. I have many land camera and drone still photos that would probably benefit from this option in Photoshop. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Thanks for checking it out! I didn't have time to really dive into it in the video, but for drone use, you can often just use enhance details. If you don't need the larger file size and resolution, enhance details can still clean up a lot of the false color and demosaicing issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie