DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU calibration

perh

Reactions
While calibrating the IMU on my Pro I notice that there is no stable side position when the arms are retracted even though it registers as OK. I assume that this stage of the process covers the ‘length’ axis of the drone so doesn’t matter if it’s a bit wobbly from side to side. Correct?

While calibrating the IMU on my Pro I notice that there is no stable side position when the arms are retracted even though it registers as OK. I assume that this stage of the process covers the ‘length’ axis of the drone so doesn’t matter if it’s a bit wobbly from side to side. Correct?
I just laid my M2 on it's side and don't note any instability when I place it in that position, but regardless. The IMU calibration in part requires no movement to include any vibration of walking or any movement of the aircraft as a whole. It takes the measurements it needs when placed in postions and allows and disregards the repositioning into subsequent changes for next movement to requested position.

So one wants to insure that each movement is motionless and totally undisturbed once placed into the position that is called for while in Calibration phase. I am at a loss while so many on here post the IMU Calibrations being done numerous times. It should be factory out of the box unless called to do so as that is the best calibration it normally would ever get.

There are a few instances that a IMU can be done outside of that, being a gimbal issue for instance, but as a rule the IMU is good as a one and done and out of the box is really all that should ever be needed unless taking a hard landing, crashes.... ect, knock it out of spec. In the Advance sensor tab one can monitor the output of the IMU and see if it is functioning properly and see it real time. Best of luck :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121