DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU Calibration

This guy has the same issue you have. The picture clearly shows that in the facing up step, it should be resting on its legs, but he lets it tilt so it stands on its own. My thought would be you should hold if necessary so it matches the picture. If DJI provided a picture of it in a certain position, it should be followed.

This guy has the same issue you have. The picture clearly shows that in the facing up step, it should be resting on its legs, but he lets it tilt so it stands on its own. My thought would be you should hold if necessary so it matches the picture. If DJI provided a picture of it in a certain position, it should be followed.

I notice he I was surprised as well but he does not mention anything about it.

I don’t think he knew what he was doing. Some concrete table out in a park or some public facility probably isn’t a proper environment for an IMU calibration. Maybe he used a level and checked the surface before he hit the start button on the video camera. Based on what I saw, doubtful he even knows what a level is. Oh well, live and learn.

I had the same issue and had the same thoughts as you. You cannot position the drone in the standing position shown on the screen unless you hold it and that's not steady at all. Hope someone has an answer to this.

The thought would be to direct the question back to DJI and pray for a definitive answer. I would lean(no pun intended)towards following the picture which clearly shows the position that DJI wants you to utilize.
In the video, the man doesn’t even follow his own instructions to position the aircraft “Just like the orientation that it is in the picture“.
Silly!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
That seems like a crappy way to calibrate. What happens when you're out in the field and get a calibration error? Maybe there's no clean or level surface to calibrate?

That seems like a crappy way to calibrate. What happens when you're out in the field and get a calibration error? Maybe there's no clean or level surface to calibrate?
Probably best at that point to go home and find what’s needed to get the job done. Or fly the backup?
Certainly was unimpressed at what the less than intelligent person in the video was doing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1