DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU Calibration

Mirabeau Lamar

Reactions
Hello all...
I have a Pro Platinum model that I have been trying to calibrate the IMU by using the software on DJI Assistant, but I have never been able to get it to work. The instruction video works fine, but when I connect the bird, it never allows me to actually use the calibration portion. All I ever get is a message to restart the drone. I've done this many times, plus rebooting the laptop and reconnecting the USB cable; all to no avail. Anyone else having this problem with IMU Calibration?
Thanx!

have you tried it in the app connect everything up as though you are going to fly, then go to the sensor state section make sure the mav is perfectly level in both planes and then touch the screen where it says calibrate IMU and see what happens,@Mirabeau Lamar good luck take the props off while you do it for safety

Oops sorry, don't know why I said IMU
calibration, I meant to say Visual Sensors calibration
in that case you would have to use the software on you computer, why are you calibrating the visual sensors are they not working did you make sure that you took off the protective plastic film that covers them when you unpacked the drone,@Mirabeau Lamar

Reactions: Former Member
I have the pro and was having same issue along with others. It still wont read my firmware on dji assistant 2. I restored factory defaults and still cant read my firmware but after that the visual calibration quit saying to restart drone thing. So I can do the calibration but then at the end it gets stuck at 85%.

Thanks to those who've responded. The visual sensors are working, it's just that I keep getting a red triangle warning message on the main start-up screen that the sensors should be calibrated to make them more accurate. I have not seen any adverse effects on flying operations or the accuracy of the home point, but I obviously would like everything to be as accurate as possible. I also had the issue that you referred to, but I can't even get to the on-screen calibration

Reactions: Bill combs
Great news- found a solution online in the DJI Forums on their website. Seems that Windows 10 puts a code in because of some confusion with certificates from the publisher, etc. Anyway, the workaround is published in the discussion threads and involves going into the Windows Registry and changing a value from "1" to "0". I did this and it fixed the problem and I was able to finally calibrate the vision sensors using my PC. Here is the link to the procedure. Check out the Post at the bottom section of the discussion from a user named Madison Drone Service... DJI Assistant 2 install blocked by anti-virus Hope this helps

Reactions: JakeRobinson
See m
I have the pro and was having same issue along with others. It still wont read my firmware on dji assistant 2. I restored factory defaults and still cant read my firmware but after that the visual calibration quit saying to restart drone thing. So I can do the calibration but then at the end it gets stuck at 85%.

Thanks to those who've responded. The visual sensors are working, it's just that I keep getting a red triangle warning message on the main start-up screen that the sensors should be calibrated to make them more accurate. I have not seen any adverse effects on flying operations or the accuracy of the home point, but I obviously would like everything to be as accurate as possible. I also had the issue that you referred to, but I can't even get to the on-screen calibration
i have the same issue my mpp kept breaking when the sun hit the front of her i eventually had to take it in to a dji store in scottsdale and they said it’s because my laptop screen is to small,oh and yes the mpp sensors were calibrated my the dji store and that issue was solved,guess ill have to either buy a large monitor or take her in for calibrations.

Great news- found a solution online in the DJI Forums on their website. Seems that Windows 10 puts a code in because of some confusion with certificates from the publisher, etc. Anyway, the workaround is published in the discussion threads and involves going into the Windows Registry and changing a value from "1" to "0". I did this and it fixed the problem and I was able to finally calibrate the vision sensors using my PC. Here is the link to the procedure. Check out the Post at the bottom section of the discussion from a user named Madison Drone Service... DJI Assistant 2 install blocked by anti-virus Hope this helps

I did this and redid this and did it again and restarted a million times and it wont even connect at all now. IDK. Fairly sure Im doing it right. Going to change it back to a 1 and try again but I have close to 2 hours into this already and have to start dinner. lol

I did this and redid this and did it again and restarted a million times and it wont even connect at all now. IDK. Fairly sure Im doing it right. Going to change it back to a 1 and try again but I have close to 2 hours into this already and have to start dinner. lol
That's frustrating for sure when a solution works for one person and not another.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair