DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU error after the crash

nklilic

Reactions
Hello everyone! :)

I just got my Mini 2 and I was so excited to try it that I somehow managed to crash it to the wall... Luckily it was at really low speed and there is no visible damages, not even a scratch. Lesson learned, already ordered propeller guard. :)

However, it reported IMU error after the restart. I did IMU calibration and everything seems fine now. But I'm wondering is there anything I should worry about or anything I should additionally check? Thanks a lot!

I’d be a little cautious on your next few flights just to make sure there was no permanent damage. Keep it low and close by. If the error message doesn’t return and the flights are normal and follow your commands from the remote controller, you should be good to go.

Good response from SkyeHigh good advice. One question, did you calibrate before takeoff? Enjoy the mini2, a nifty little drone.
Regards

Reactions: nklilic
Mate the calibration dance is always a good habit to get into, only takes a couple of minutes and can save you a lot of grief.
Regards

Reactions: nklilic
There have been reports in the past that the IMU got stuck and could not be calibrated after crashing. In a recent case, the IMU developed a bias in the output causing the craft to issue false strong wing warning and the maximum speed became much lower than what it should be. Just watch out for abnormalies of this kind in the next flight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gagey52 and nklilic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters