DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU initiating

Jixxer

Reactions
Here we go, First thing all software updated. IMU calibrated Go app shows Success.
On every startup IMU initiating takes over two minutes. After 2 minutes OK to fly. I contacted technical support they told me that I have to calibrate the IMU each time I do a start up . Mavic or go app does NOT state calibrate IMU ..It just takes over 2 minutes to initiate. Yet support claims calibrating IMU is normal every startup. What BS . No other issues yet Once IMU initiates all is well. IT just takes over 2 minutes to initiate. Online chat ALVIN was of no help. Just kept telling me to Calibrate.
Anyone else have this issue ?

Last edited:
Here we go, First thing all software updated. IMU calibrated Go app shows Success.
On every startup IMU initiating takes over two minutes. After 2 minutes OK to fly. I contacted technical support they told me that I have to calibrate the IMU each time I do a start up . Mavic or go app does NOT state calibrate IMU ..It just takes over 2 minutes to initiate. Yet support claims calibrating IMU is normal every startup. What BS . No other issues yet Once IMU initiates all is well. IT just takes over 2 minutes to initiate. Online chat ALVIN was of no help. Just kept telling me to Calibrate.

I had the IMU initializing message once for a longer than usual period, but less than a minute. Other flights it's been very short or non-existent.

Redo the IMU calibrations but this time don't leave the Mavic idling, as it will warm up the barometer.
Power down the mavic for an hour and leave in a cool place (not the fridge please).
Here's the trick - after an hour of letting it cool, do the IMU calibration the moment you turn on the MAVIC. The quicker you do it, the less warm up time.

I do mine early in the morning when its cool. And do it on a levelled surface.

Reactions: Jixxer
Redo the IMU calibrations but this time don't leave the Mavic idling, as it will warm up the barometer.
Power down the mavic for an hour and leave in a cool place (not the fridge please).
Here's the trick - after an hour of letting it cool, do the IMU calibration the moment you turn on the MAVIC. The quicker you do it, the less warm up time.

ok ill try

Last edited:

Started up mavic this nice cool morning. Same problem. IMU Initiating So immediately We tried to redo the imu calibration, . After Successful imu cal we restarted the mavic. Once again 2 minutes 20 second imu initiation process before ok to fly and gps lock. May have to send it back.

Last edited:
After several IMU calibrations while mavic is cold it now seems to be taking less time . Hopefully Mavic keeps getting smarter and learns NOT to piss me off .

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird