DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU issues on mini 2

gotak

Reactions
Has anyone have issue with the IMU on their mini 2?

My mini 1 never requires an IMU cal. Worked day one out of the box as such. My 2 has been calibrated 3 times now.

It would calibrate fine and flies ok until I let it go a bit of distance at speed. Then it would starts tilting, drifting and turning on it's own. Requires the application of some RC heli skils to get it to come back and land.

Sent in the email asking for support/replacement. Hoping it's only user error. This time I purchased direct from DJI, this issue is making me wish I had gone with Amazon as likely would have been able to ask for exchange and have it processed already.

My mini 1 never requires an IMU cal. Worked day one out of the box as such. My 2 has been calibrated 3 times now.

It would calibrate fine and flies ok until I let it go a bit of distance at speed. Then it would starts tilting, drifting and turning on it's own. Requires the application of some RC heli skils to get it to come back and land.

Sent in the email asking for support/replacement. Hoping it's only user error. This time I purchased direct from DJI, this issue is making me wish I had gone with Amazon as likely would have been able to ask for exchange and have it processed already.

There is a sensor issue with the Mini 2 that has been talked about however in your case , it is different.

Most likely you should return the drone as it should be good out of the box , your other option is to update an see if that makes a change, Just Because you purchase from DJI does not mean you are getting a perfect drone.

Quality Control is the same but Amazon and Best Buy are good Practice for a Quick Return.

HOT TIP: Always purchase two drones and if your first is Flawless its an easy Return and if not there is always door number 2

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Float on Water.

Well i guess I could do that but in this case i just want them to fix it ASAP.

Hopefully they know about this an dit wouldn't be the typical run around you get with tech support.

Have until a certain time to return but I would be annoyed paying to ship back a defective product.

It will be replaced by DJI. Takes bit of time but other than that so far the support's been good.

There is a sensor issue with the Mini 2 that has been talked about however in your case , it is different.

Most likely you should return the drone as it should be good out of the box , your other option is to update an see if that makes a change, Just Because you purchase from DJI does not mean you are getting a perfect drone.

Quality Control is the same but Amazon and Best Buy are good Practice for a Quick Return.

HOT TIP: Always purchase two drones and if your first is Flawless its an easy Return and if not there is always door number 2

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Float on Water.
You make some excellent points. I want to share my experience. Though I didn't buy from Best Buy or Amazon, I did buy from B&H because their PayBoo card saved me over $60 in tax and no shipping charges. However after a few days it was discovered that my first Mini 2 was defective. I *thought* sending directly to DJI would have been the best solution. It was not.

DJI required me to ship it to them, which took 5 days to ship to California, then they took two days to inspect it, another two days to get a replacement to me and, due to Thxgiving another 6 days for return shipping. Total: 15 days for an exchange. What I SHOULD have done is sent it back to B&H where the exchange would have been 4-5 days round trip. As you said, Best Buy or Amazon would have been an immediate or near immediate exchange. Lesson learned.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
We are spoiled by fulfillment in the age of Amazon.

Back oh 10-15 years I still remember waiting a whole month for RC heli bits to make its way from USA to me in Toronto.

I had it pop up 2x, once I just restarted everything and it cleared the error, the next time I had to go through the calibration. Only flew a few times since then but I’m curious if it’s going to become a repetitive issue and have to send it back to DJI.

Never happen on my MM or my MA2 and I frequent the same flying spots so I know it not the area affecting things. ??for us both!

I think from what I have seen in other posts online, if you constantly have to recal, there are issues.

I'd start discussion with them sooner than later on replacement or repairs. My MM1 never has IMU issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242