DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

In Depth Mavic Review

No doubts about mavic, at all...

The only problem Mavic is carrying, is to reduce my bank account :)

Awesome review! In the last minute I was pretty sure a bird was gonna nail their Mavic!

That really shows how much crisper the P4 video is compared to the Mavic. When they drag race down the road look at the dirt rows in the field and the trees. The Mavic is much softer. One review did say this can be fixed in post.

That really shows how much crisper the P4 video is compared to the Mavic. When they drag race down the road look at the dirt rows in the field and the trees. The Mavic is much softer. One review did say this can be fixed in post.
It looks completely different viewed on a 4K screen - if anything both are a bit too sharp, but both have astounding quality especially when moving sedately e.g. that speeded up tripod mode sequence.
I'm convinced softness is absolutely not going to be an issue.

I'm watching on a 27" iMac so it is sharp as can be and I watched it again on my 4K TV, but I see a big difference in the sharpness between them based on this video only. If you look close when they first show them in the air together the P4 shows weeds that appear to be a few inches tall, you can see the shadow, on the Mavic side you can barely make out the weeds let alone see a shadow. Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the Mavic in any way and I am not saying it's camera is bad, (I am waiting on one myself), but in comparing the two I think the camera on the P4 has a crisper look.

Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 7.19.30 PM✨.png

Best video I've seen so far on the Mavic Pro. Yes, DJI is coming out with their own goggles for FPV and can be used on the Mavic. Not sure what the price point will be on the goggles but I've heard a little north of $500. They will be wireless.

I'm watching on a 27" iMac so it is sharp as can be and I watched it again on my 4K TV, but I see a big difference in the sharpness between them based on this video only. If you look close when they first show them in the air together the P4 shows weeds that appear to be a few inches tall, you can see the shadow, on the Mavic side you can barely make out the weeds let alone see a shadow. Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the Mavic in any way and I am not saying it's camera is bad, (I am waiting on one myself), but in comparing the two I think the camera on the P4 has a crisper look.

On P4 the footage look sharp because the camera add artificial sharpness, the problem with that is you can only add more, but can not remove it in post, but on the other hand the footage from the Mavic didn't have as much artificial sharpness, you can turn it up in the setting(if it is the same as on P4) or better add it in editing software which will give you better sharpen algorithm and much more control over the process.
check out this review from cinema5D they did a great job of comparing the cameras. (skip to 2:22)

On P4 the footage look sharp because the camera add artificial sharpness, the problem with that is you can only add more, but can not remove it in post, but on the other hand the footage from the Mavic didn't have as much artificial sharpness, you can turn it up in the setting(if it is the same as on P4) or better add it in editing software which will give you better sharpen algorithm and much more control over the process.
check out this review from cinema5D they did a great job of comparing the cameras. (skip to 2:22)
I saw that review earlier today. Why do a review on camera quality and then post it in 1080p? :confused: That makes no sense to me.
Also, even after the corrected tree pic, it was still not near the same as the P4 or Inspire.
There is clearly a difference in the footage.

I saw that review earlier today. Why do a review on camera quality and then post it in 1080p? :confused: That makes no sense to me.
Also, even after the corrected tree pic, it was still not near the same as the P4 or Inspire.
There is clearly a difference in the footage.

I think they corrected the footage from the mavic to be "natural look" or what they think look best not to be the same as P4 and Inspire, I think that it actually looks better, but not a good example to compare with other footage, if they push up more contrast and sharpening I think video from Mavic could look similar to P4 and Inspire.

I think they corrected the footage from the mavic to be "natural look" or what they think look best not to be the same as P4 and Inspire, I think that it actually looks better, but not a good example to compare with other footage, if they push up more contrast and sharpening I think video from Mavic could look similar to P4 and Inspire.
iPhonedo said the same thing. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S