DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

In NFZ after update

detectorguy

Reactions
I used to be able to fly my drone in and around my house. Now after the doing the last few updates I can not fly my MP2Z around my house or in my yard to drain the batteries a little so I can recharge them for a flight away from town.
Do they make a battery charger that will help me drain my batteries a little so I can recharge them to go on a road trip ?

I used to be able to fly my drone in and around my house. Now after the doing the last few updates I can not fly my MP2Z around my house or in my yard to drain the batteries a little so I can recharge them for a flight away from town.
Do they make a battery charger that will help me drain my batteries a little so I can recharge them to go on a road trip ?
There’s an adaptor for your batteries that lets you use the battery as a USB power bank, it should have come wrapped in one if those little plastic bags with your drone. I use it to charge my tablet and phones to drain my full batteries for storage and it works well. If you didn't get one, don’t get a knockoff one from EBay though, bad output voltages and some only have one outlet port. The real one has 2 ports and power even to charge an iPad.

Last edited:
If you need to top off an almost full battery that won’t charge when plugged in simply turn it on before connecting it to the charger.

Like what was said above, you don’t have to drain the batteries to charge them, just top them off. But if you want to store your batteries and they are charged, use the USB power adapter to drain them down to about 60% before storing them. Yes- the batteries can do this themselves, but why waste a charge plus it takes a few days for that to start as well.

not to be a good solution - but - a bit of aluminum foil on the head of the drone will mask gps. in the opti-only mode it will fly indoors. but, be careful.

not to be a good solution - but - a bit of aluminum foil on the head of the drone will mask gps. in the opti-only mode it will fly indoors. but, be careful.
Be careful ... I am a ( Master of disaster )
What does aluminum foil do to the drone ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stug26