DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Incoming Storm - A Global Panorama

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'm generally not a picture guy. But thanks to @Made2Phly, I recently started to push that button on my M2P. It's handy to take a quick pano for a general location shot, and then make any kind of movie you want from it.
In this video, there was a storm front rolling in. I'd prefer to get a time-lapse shot, but I was too late to begin that process. So a quick pano was the ticket. I also have some live shots, and probably should have merged them in. Maybe next time.

I'm generally not a picture guy. But thanks to @Made2Phly, I recently started to push that button on my M2P. It's handy to take a quick pano for a general location shot, and then make any kind of movie you want from it.
In this video, there was a storm front rolling in. I'd prefer to get a time-lapse shot, but I was too late to begin that process. So a quick pano was the ticket. I also have some live shots, and probably should have merged them in. Maybe next time.
Very nicely done! The West Cape is beautiful. We got only as far as Stellenbosch and Franschoek. The music track is that of the flying scene in "Out of Africa" where Robert Redford (Denys Finch Hatton) takes Meryl Streep (Karen Blixen) on a stunning flight in an open cockpit over the beautiful veldt of Africa. I have watched this movie probably 10 times.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
That's a great "video"! I use the "Ken Burns" effect when adding stills to my video but this was a great way to make a 360 pano into a video. How did you do it?

I also agree with Dale, nice music. I can't catch up with him though as I've only watched Out of Africa 4-5 times.

That's a great "video"! I use the "Ken Burns" effect when adding stills to my video but this was a great way to make a 360 pano into a video. How did you do it?

I also agree with Dale, nice music. I can't catch up with him though as I've only watched Out of Africa 4-5 times.
Not to diverge from the topic, but my wife and I are addicted to Africa. We have been there 12 times and going back again now this September to Tanzania and Kenya. We have been to both of these countries before. There is something about Africa that draws us back. The slow but similar rhythm of a typical safari day- early wake up, fast cup of coffee, early game drive as the sun rises with amazing colors, the animals stirring and looking for the first meal, and then the coffee stop, the afternoon sites and the evening game drive with an amazing sunset only seen in Africa, topped off by an amazing meal at the camp with copious wines. Then to sleep in the tent with the night sounds to fall asleep to. Then doing again for the next days.

There is nothing we enjoy more than to curl up and watch Out of Africa again. It never gets old for us.

Thanks. Being a video guy, I've never captured panos before this summer. I was surprised to learn that Final Cut Pro X handles panos added directly to a timeline. And it then provides a function to zoom and rotate throughout the pano; it's called "Orientation". With that function I can establish key frames at each chosen orientation. Thus, you can make a "pseudo" movie.

Wicked!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa