DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incomplete Flight Path Data

kaniess

Reactions
I flew my Mavic 2 Zoom in my neighborhood today with 2 flights of about 20 minutes each. I received the full videos of the flights from my SD card, although the video times on the flight lists on my iPad are shown as very short on the first flight and then zero on the second flight. Most troubling is the incomplete only 1:46 minute and 1769 ft. flight path shown on the map that I transferred from my iPad Pro. The complete flight path was showing on the map as the flight progressed in real-time. The approx 20 minute flight seemed normal and I have my bird after a normal return to home landing. Has anyone experienced this issue before? Do I need to do anything in DJI Go4 like clear a cache to make space for new data? Is the flight path data stored in the memory of the drone and if so how can I recover the data? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Flight List.jpg
    Flight List.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 25
  • Incomplete Flight Path Map.PNG
    Incomplete Flight Path Map.PNG
    664.9 KB · Views: 24
Did you try looking at the TXT log files from your mobile devices? If not, you can find instructions for retrieving those TXT files at the bottom of this page.

Reactions: JS1600
Did the app crash or restart during the flight??
What version of go 4 are you using??

The DJI Go 4 app didn't crash or restart during the flight.

I downloaded the DAT file from my Mavic 2 (DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2019-10-17_22-45-58.DAT). The file is 2.13 GB, too large to post to this forum. Do I have access to any software that can extract flight path data from this file?

Im pretty sure those are still unreadable, I believe they are encrypted and no one has broke the code on Mavic 2 yet.
@msinger or @sar104 might be able to verify...

Last edited:
I had a similar experience last week, but in my case I did have app and RC to app interruption. The TXT log for the flight was there, but split between two files. I haven't tried concatenating the files into one.

I have had the app crash & restart and it created two flights also, thats why I asked. If Sar104 see's that I tagged him above, he might be able to shed some light onto the issue??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929