DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incorrect "No Fly Zone" warning- what to do?

SteveNunez

Reactions
Hey guys, I live in south Florida and have downloaded all the drone apps that show NFZ's and I'm a bit puzzled as to being locked out of my small regional park. If I try to fly the Mavic Pro at the local park I get a message saying cannot take off- in NFZ yet I am clearly in a flyable zone- what can be done about this?

I've checked several apps and none show this area as an NFZ yet I cannot fly there.......I understand the NFZ feature is there as a safety measure but I also see this as an ever-present threat to all us responsible drone flyers who will likely get squeezed out of everywhere as time goes on.......this is like a noose around us all.....what can we do about areas we CAN fly in when errors like this occur?

Can we override the NFZ?

(Park in question is "North Community Park" Coral Springs, FL.....regional parks for the most part don't restrict drone flying as do the County or State Parks (where they do-) but the park in question is a small regional and I see no restriction!)

Thank you guys- will look into all these recommendations.

The only issue I see is that even using the DJI "Advance Unlock" feature that park still doesn't show as a NFZ and just barley borders a "Green" advisory area and should not cause a NFZ when trying to fly there.........not sure why the DJI Go4 app is classifying this area as a NFZ when NO app shows it to be so.......this is a hassle that may pop up more and more as time goes on in other areas (for everyone.)
I'm sure as time progresses there will be more NFZ's appearing and areas safe to fly will almost be nonexistent except RC fields which will spell the end of droning.......no one wants to take pictures or video of a grassed flying field.

I can see drones expanding in the commercial arena with deliveries etc but hobbyists will be threatened with tons of restrictions! The noose is tightening already~~~ I think this NFZ thing is just the beginning of end.

Bummed out as I've been an avid RC'er for 30 years and I don't like where this is headed.
(sorry for the rant)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim596
I live in the area you speak of. I ,on occasion run into the same problem. Believe it or not it has to do with Trump when he visits Palm Beach. Secret Service issues a NFZ and North Springs is on the outskirts of it. Last weekend it was due to Vice President at Church by the Glades.

I live in the area you speak of. I ,on occasion run into the same problem. Believe it or not it has to do with Trump when he visits Palm Beach. Secret Service issues a NFZ and North Springs is on the outskirts of it. Last weekend it was due to Vice President at Church by the Glades.
Excellent thinking, Good work Sir.
Regards,
-d.

After upgrading my app, I can no longer fly at my house. I live a few miles from a small regional airport, and it looks like the middle of my house is right on the border of an authorization zone ring. I can fly behind my house, but if I try to fly directly over my house to the front yard I'm blocked out. I'm doing some construction work in the front yard and really would like to do some low flyovers. I tried going to the authorization site (DJI GEO System - Unlock Areas For Authorized Access) to get temporary authorization but when I put in my address and see the pin, I cannot click on it. Here is an image of what the page shows me of my location:

Dropbox - Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 10.02.31 AM.png

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I simply want to fly 25-75 feet above my property. I can assure everyone that no planes come anywhere near my house.

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3