DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

*INCREDIBLE* documentary style review of Mini 3 Pro, unlike all the others. Detailed camera info.

boldblue737

Reactions
I mean it, this review is very, very different. Its a full up documentary of the use of the Mini 3 Pro and a huge amount of detail on the camera image at various frame rates and ISOs, including how noise reduction is applied "in drone", you can't disable it, and it is way way different depending on the frame rate you shoot at. This is review is beyond amazing and nothing like any of the other early reviews that hit a few days ago.

Thank you, Philip Bloom has been a film maker long before but certainly became prominent on his operation of new gear for filming (DSLR, DSLM, drones). So his reviews mostly take a refreshing different approach from his background than the usual influencer.

He knows his stuff and you see, what you can output with the experience and an idea. There's been a famous video of Kai W with him and a barbie camera. So, for him, these are just tools in the 1st place ...

Thank you for posting.

Last edited:
That was an excellent film, I almost did not bother watching it and was about to turn it off after about 30 secs. I'm so pleased I did not, it was a true pleasure to watch and listen to what he had to say. Especially nice as one of our two cats was right by my side with her head tucked tightly against my leg, as I watched him with all his cats around. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, greatly appreciated. Of course, I am speaking of the Mini3 Pro drone video and not the Barbie doll one. Just wanted to be clear on that!

Last edited:
I mean it, this review is very, very different. Its a full up documentary of the use of the Mini 3 Pro and a huge amount of detail on the camera image at various frame rates and ISOs, including how noise reduction is applied "in drone", you can't disable it, and it is way way different depending on the frame rate you shoot at. This is review is beyond amazing and nothing like any of the other early reviews that hit a few days ago.

Wow!

Reactions: Galeforce1
Sorry, I fell asleep. How did the movie end? :rolleyes:

The cats took over the island and currently defend it with an Air Force of armed Mini 3 Pro drones. Greece remains considering their options at the time the film was released.

Last edited:
P. Bloom also confirmed with Dji that the mini 3 has 10 bit color😳

I still don't think this is correct. Essentially all the other reviews say 8 bit and a careful look at everything on the DJI website shows no mention of 10 bit color while they plaster "10 bit color!" all over the OTHER drones they have that support it like Air 2S. I think some software confuses the issue because when recording with the "HQ" mode on the Mini 3 Pro it shows the resulting video as 10 bit, but in actuality it is an error because of the unique way DJI is packaging the HDR data of two separate ISO channels per sensor pixel being recorded in that special mode. As far as I know this is their first drone to do this HDR technique but as P. Bloom states it isn't really true HDR either. Nor is it 10 bit, but somehow the way they package it tricks software at least for now until updated. Hopefully we see more info soon. BTW: P. Bloom's review shows the HQ mode has surprising little advantage over the lesser modes, it seems the extra ISO data isn't make as much a difference in dynamic range as hoped. (Camera is STILL awesome for this size / cost of drone).

Last edited:
Reactions: chiangmaicharlies
Well he used to work for Dji so he knows a few people, and he has 0 reason t make ((Mod Removed)up
Oh I don't think he is making it up, but I expanded my answer above in my original post as to why I still don't think it is 10 bit. I think it is a confusion but the camera is not true 10 bit color.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42