DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incredible Invention- This Drone Could Change Everything

Thanks for sharing bmwbob

This technology just keeps getting better.

super interesting. thanks for that post!

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

This is all pointless until the FAA or Congress relax that BVLOS regulations. Same with Walmart and DroneUp.

Once the way is clear, this will become more popular.

I'll be in D.C. on Wednesday next week talking with Congress folks about this very thing. We also have our BVLOS Task Group report due to be presented to the FAA at the AAAC meeting next month.

I'll post a link to that meeting once it's announced.

Will delivery drones every darken the sky (as both extreme opponents and proponents claim)? No. But once it's commonplace, we'll see more of them being used for many aspects of delivery. Mostly last mile, but some local deliveries as well.

But nothing can happen until the FAA gets out of our way. And quickly! There are some drone delivery companies burning through capital too fast, and they'll run out before they can start making money. It's the FAA's fault.

This is all pointless until the FAA or Congress relax that BVLOS regulations. Same with Walmart and DroneUp.

Once the way is clear, this will become more popular.

I'll be in D.C. on Wednesday next week talking with Congress folks about this very thing. We also have our BVLOS Task Group report due to be presented to the FAA at the AAAC meeting next month.

I'll post a link to that meeting once it's announced.

Will delivery drones every darken the sky (as both extreme opponents and proponents claim)? No. But once it's commonplace, we'll see more of them being used for many aspects of delivery. Mostly last mile, but some local deliveries as well.

But nothing can happen until the FAA gets out of our way. And quickly! There are some drone delivery companies burning through capital too fast, and they'll run out before they can start making money. It's the FAA's fault.
Good luck with that. Trying to get the FAA to move is like trying to push an Elephant uphill. It would be great though if they changed some of the Draconian regulations that are in place today, especially BVLOS.

Reactions: ericole
Very Cool!

Still waiting to see how the local attack dog is being addressed.

Much like flares being deployed on a military aircraft when in danger, this one will launch doggie treats in the yard to deter the enemy. :D

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98