DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Indiana State Parks/DNR Properties

BamDastard

Reactions
Hey all,

Just wanted to share that it is now against the rules to fly in any Indiana State Park or DNR managed property without designated flight areas. I wasn't able to find anything on the website before heading out, but was stopped by the coolest DNR Officer.

He VERY politely let me know about the new rule and how to get approval to fly. The park manager (not the gate attendant) can provide you with permission, and will usually grant it. He gave me a card for the manager and let me know his office hours. Even gave me information on a volunteer group that I can join to get a flight area established in my local park (as well as a couple other things I'd like to see happen here).

Just figured I'd share since I see a lot of posts for specific rules in specific areas.

Happy flying!!

Reactions: Jdew81
At this rate, pretty soon they won't be allowed to fly anywhere.

Completely ridiculous.

I’m reading now that IN DNR does not allow flights anywhere in their properties (state parks included). Was really hoping for shots at Turkey Run tomorrow, but I guess that’s out.
Apparently, there is a new law that went into effect Sept 2017 (so much for parks being a recreation area for the entire public).

Unfortunately. It is also against the law, and you face an incredible fine, if caught flying within a National Park in South Africa, you will definitely have your drone confiscated and may even go to jail. The problem is you will always get some buffoon who feels the need to impress their friends by flying either too close to wild life or in such a manner that they stress the animals. If you have ever been in a buffalo stampede you will know what I mean.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580