DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Indoor flight permission (UK)

dhpdigital

Reactions
Hi,

I'm a new PfCO holder (UK). I have a question - I've been asked to fly my Mavic 2 Pro inside a building in London, within 5 miles of an airfield. Will I need to inform the ATC even though I'm indoors? Will I need to gain an unlock code to take off?

Thanks,

D.

Hi,

I'm a new PfCO holder (UK). I have a question - I've been asked to fly my Mavic 2 Pro inside a building in London, within 5 miles of an airfield. Will I need to inform the ATC even though I'm indoors? Will I need to gain an unlock code to take off?

Thanks,

D.
as the flight is being conducted inside a enclosed building then the ANO governing permissions does not apply .
of course you will still have to fly your drone with all the safeguards in place log the flight do risk assessments and have insurance etc as per a outside job ,i would do a pre site check to see if the drone will let you fly there due to the airports location ,but it should be ok and of course remember that flying inside a building, brings its own specific requirements, problems ,and limitations

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett