DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inexpensive Tablet for use with Air 2S

Hello.
I am looking at this inexpensive tablet for use with the Air 2S. What do you all think?
Inexpensive Tablet
That one will not work. It's only got 2GB of ram. The cheapest that I've found that is fully functional is the Asus Asus Zenpad Z8s ZT582KL. You can only find them used. Screen is not the brightest but it works very well and as I said it is fully functional. You'll find other tablets that work but a lot of them don't have a compass.

Reactions: Hidden
That one will not work. It's only got 2GB of ram. The cheapest that I've found that is fully functional is the Asus Asus Zenpad Z8s ZT582KL. You can only find them used. Screen is not the brightest but it works very well and as I said it is fully functional. You'll find other tablets that work but a lot of them don't have a compass.
How much RAM does the tablet need?

How much RAM does the tablet need?
Minimum I've seen work is 3. The system needs to be a 64 bit OS too. I'm pretty sure there are people on the forum that are using the Samsung you mentioned. I have no experience with it so maybe someone will be able to chime in. I do see it has a compass too.

Minimum I've seen work is 3. The system needs to be a 64 bit OS too. I'm pretty sure there are people on the forum that are using the Samsung you mentioned. I have no experience with it so maybe someone will be able to chime in. I do see it has a compass too.
Thanks!

I use a

Teclast P80 Pro Tablet Android 8 Inch Tablets 1920*1200 Touchscreen 3GB RAM 32GB ROM Dual WiFi Android 7.0 MTK8163 Quad Core GPS

Found it on Aliexpress as I wanted an 8" device, was about $90 and no issues so far, though screen isn't v bright.

I use a Lenovo 7" tablet with 2 GB RAM and it works perfectly with both my Mavic Mini (DJI Fly) and Phantom 3 (DJI Go).
Only problem with the Lenovo tablet (at least the one I had M8H or something like that) is it doesn't have a compass.

I purchased this one from Amazon. 3GB RAM, not sure about the architecture. If it’s not 64 bit, I'll return it.
10 Inch Tab
You may be returning many if you're just going to guess. Hope you get lucky on that one. There are many threads telling which tablets work for the Fly app.

I just bought a used apple iPad 6th generation with wifi and cellular, and it works great.

You may be returning many if you're just going to guess. Hope you get lucky on that one. There are many threads telling which tablets work for the Fly app.
I searched Google, and cannot find anything definitive. I contacted the seller through Amazon, hopefully they will respond soon. I should have contacted him a couple of days ago, so I could cancel the item if it was not 64 bit. If it is not 64 bit, at least I can return it unopened, then the hunt begins again. I need something fairly inexpensive as I am on a budget of sorts. The tab needs to have at least an 8" to 10" screen, preferably 10". Maybe I will get lucky.

I searched Google, and cannot find anything definitive. I contacted the seller through Amazon, hopefully they will respond soon. I should have contacted him a couple of days ago, so I could cancel the item if it was not 64 bit. If it is not 64 bit, at least I can return it unopened, then the hunt begins again. I need something fairly inexpensive as I am on a budget of sorts. The tab needs to have at least an 8" to 10" screen, preferably 10". Maybe I will get lucky.
Theres lots of threads in the forum about that. I did mention in post 2 the Asus Zenpad Z8s. I use it as well as a few in the forum and it works great. It's 7.9 inch screen. Not the brightest but does the job.

Theres lots of threads in the forum about that. I did mention in post 2 the Asus Zenpad Z8s. I use it as well as a few in the forum and it works great. It's 7.9 inch screen. Not the brightest but does the job.
I just remembered something else. It has to have a data plan with a phone service as well, doesn't it? Or do you just need a data plan if you are going to be asking for authorizations, and get notified of manned aircraft at the fly site?

I just remembered something else. It has to have a data plan with a phone service as well, doesn't it? Or do you just need a data plan if you are going to be asking for authorizations, and get notified of manned aircraft at the fly site?
Not at all. All I do is make it connect to my cell phone.

Reactions: Dbez1 and Hidden
I just bought the Mini 2. I didn't want to upgrade my phone to 64 bit platform so I opted for a $100 Tab A Samsung tablet. It works fine. If I need internet access, I'll use my phone as a wi-fi hotspot. The tablet doesn't require a compass as far as I can see.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929