DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inflight Disconnect

Raptorman

Reactions
Was out less than a mile and was returning when the RC disconnected completely at about 800m (half mile) -- I had a clear line-of-sight the whole time. I waited about 30 seconds and it did not reconnect so I cycled power on the remote and when it powered back up it reconnected and indicated the drone was doing a RTH. I let it return to about 200m before cancelling the RTH and landing manually. I have no idea why it lost connection in the first place as it was not out too far, there was a clear line-of-sight the whole time, and the area was reasonably remote so the RF noise environment should have been minimal.

But, I didn't panic and I was able to land withing incident.

Brian

Android? Apple?

Also, it may not have been the recycle that allowed to to reconnect as the RTH had no doubt been instigated and the drone was probably now back within range.

800 meters is pretty unimpressive insofar as a disconnect is concerned. Far within the DJI specs, but as we know the DJI specs are, ahem, somewhat "post-factual".

Android? Apple?

Also, it may not have been the recycle that allowed to to reconnect as the RTH had no doubt been instigated and the drone was probably now back within range.

800 meters is pretty unimpressive insofar as a disconnect is concerned. Far within the DJI specs, but as we know the DJI specs are, ahem, somewhat "post-factual".

I've been out beyond 3km without a problem and in this case I had direct line-of-sight -- prior to the disconnect I was 1500m for 12 minutes without a problem.

Brian

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I've been out beyond 3km without a problem and in this case I had direct line-of-sight -- prior to the disconnect I was 1500m for 12 minutes without a problem.

Brian

Yup. It's not good.

Android or Apple, btw?

Was out less than a mile and was returning when the RC disconnected completely at about 800m (half mile) -- I had a clear line-of-sight the whole time. I waited about 30 seconds and it did not reconnect so I cycled power on the remote and when it powered back up it reconnected and indicated the drone was doing a RTH. I let it return to about 200m before cancelling the RTH and landing manually. I have no idea why it lost connection in the first place as it was not out too far, there was a clear line-of-sight the whole time, and the area was reasonably remote so the RF noise environment should have been minimal.

But, I didn't panic and I was able to land withing incident.

Brian
Since my last firmware update about idk 2 or 3 weeks ago, my MPP did the same twice. I was only like 200 and 300 feet out. Doesn't do it every time.

UPDATE;

After viewing the flight data I found that when I lost contact the drone was in fact on the other side of a hilltop and that would explain the comm loss.

Brian

Reactions: Prismatic
Android? Apple?

800m is Mavic air one distance, air 2 should reach this with bad signal easily.

I had similar the other day- it reconnected itself after 5 seconds or so. I wasn't far away, maybe 500m. Interestingly Airdata doesn't show the disconnect, the data stopped at around 280m, and then a new flight was recorded after it reconnected. I'd previously flown to a similar spot earlier in the same flight without issue, and airdata shows 100% signal for the entire flight... so I don't think it's a "bad signal" dropout, more some sort of sync-loss or similar?
I'm Android if that's relevant.

I'm also seeing disconnects. It's happened three times since I updated firmware, but that may be coincidence. Yesterday afternoon, I was standing in an elevated position with clear line of sight to the drone. This is a remote area with no power lines. Nothing but air between me and the drone. I had full bars of signal, then at around 500M away, warning messages and no signal at all. About 5-10 seconds later, signal regained with full bars. A few minutes later (this time at maybe 400M) same thing.

I brought the drone back and flew around in a local field for a bit, tried going behind a building, behind trees... could not recreate the problem.

Saw others in the thread asking about phone... I have an iPhone XR

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo