DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Info video about Davinci Resolve for beginners/new users

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
Casey Faris is one of those dudes that puts out tons of tutorials on Davinci Resolve. Here's a short one that sort of breezes through some of the things that makes this program powerful, different and many ways a great choice as an editor. I guess this particular video pulls back the blinds on the program to show that it's not really as intimidating as some make it out to be.

IMO everything is pretty easy until you get to the Fusion page where it starts to bend my brain a bit because it is SO powerful.

If you're contemplating a video editor and haven't made up your mind, check out this video.

I have been using Davinci since I got my MA2 last April. I've watched a bunch of Casey's videos which really helped me get up to speed, especially with the editing workflow. I've been striving to put a video a week together trying to practice both my flying skills and my editing skills. I think I will watch this video as a review to see what more I can explore and see what things I might improve in my workflow.

A huge thing that helped me was optimizing the video I'm working with before I edit. It takes up a TON of disk space (which I clear out afterwards), but it makes it SO easy to jog through footage looking for what I want to use and where to start and end a clip. Setting the timeline up for standard HD during editing is huge too and makes editing so much easier.

Yeah, Fusion makes my head explode. When I use fusion transitions, my PC isn't too happy about rendering it either :D

Thanks for sharing this video!

Reactions: vindibona1
I found it in the settings when I switched the rendering engine to the Nvidia setting it tends to render much faster and smoother. One of the four members here gave me the tip sometime ago.

I find the color nodes pretty easy to grasp as it’s just like layers in Photoshop. But nodes in Fusion in leave me scratching my head. I suppose I will soon have to take a deep dive into fusion to learn the basics of it once and for all.

Reactions: maggior
I've used Davinci for several years. For a free program it's amazing what it can do and there are constant updates and improvements. I put out the bucks a couple of years ago for the Studio version as I do a lot of video editing, but for drone videos the free version is more than capable. Besides Casey Farris, you can learn a lot from Billy Rybka and Mr. Alex Tech.

I've used Davinci for several years. For a free program it's amazing what it can do and there are constant updates and improvements. I put out the bucks a couple of years ago for the Studio version as I do a lot of video editing, but for drone videos the free version is more than capable. Besides Casey Farris, you can learn a lot from Billy Rybka and Mr. Alex Tech.
I think "amazing" is quite an understatement when you consider what you get for FREE, especially when you compare it to other less robust programs that charge up to $100 and beyond. For providing me with software that I could learn without a "limited time" trial I wanted to support BMD and knew that at some point I'd upgrade to the Studio version. When they offered the Speed Editor for free if you bought the software for $300 I jumped all over it. For those who are into audio, Reaper is also a fabulous find. I used it for a very long time for free, then paid the $64 license fee out of respect for their generosity.

Jason Yablonski is another name that has some great Davinci tutorials. I watched a lot of his at the beginning. I think I grasp his stuff a little better than Casey's. Mr. Alex Tech also has some free effects that he has on his site.

Reactions: PAW
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000