DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Initial Flight/First Impression

98 SNAKE EATER

Reactions
Ordered a Mavic Mini Father's Day Bundle from Costo and it arrived yesterday.

I already had an idea of the size and build quality from watching countless YouTube videos.

Yes, it's lightweight and feels like a toy compared to my other drones, however, I was actually quite surprised at how well this little gizmo performed

DJI basically stripped down all the excess bloat that I didn't really use on my old Mavic Pro and put it in a smaller, basic package that is far less noisey

I love it!!

Here's a short clip of my very first flight:

Speed and agiility is right up there with my Mavic Pro and it was actually quite stable in mild wind

I did notice some slight pixelation streaming to my iPad when compared to my MP1, but not sure if that has to do with my recent iOS update as Apple seems to always find a way to eff things up

Only real complaint so far is the fact that DJI didn't send a proper USB charger

I tried about 10 different ones I had in the house.....

Android, Apple, Universal, Fast chargers, low and high amp chargers, but they all seemed to charge way too slow (slow blinky lights)

After doing a search on MM charging issues, I read that a genuine DJI 18-watt charger is required

I had my doubts about this, but remembered I had one for my DJI Goggles that has never been used

Plugged it in and it immediately started charging faster (fast blinky lights)

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Picked up a hard case for it

20200630-094212-Medium.jpg

20200630-094223-Medium.jpg

20200630-094232-Medium.jpg

20200630-094243-Medium.jpg

20200630-094306-Medium.jpg

20200630-094408-Medium.jpg

20200630-100057-Medium.jpg

Last edited:
A little flight test through the Electic motor shop :)

I was worried about all the EMI around, but it was rock solid ?

Reactions: issDaemon
Ordered a Mavic Mini Father's Day Bundle from Costo and it arrived yesterday.

I already had an idea of the size and build quality from watching countless YouTube videos.

it is good for what it is - an ultra-light travel flying selfie camera. do not ask it to do what it is not designed for - and you will have no regrets.
you may also want to buy a set of replacement front arms from aliexpress if you brake yours - they are a bit flimsy. i used some drops of hot glue to enforce `em - where arm gets thin as it gets close to the joint with the body - and so far it is all good.

" it is good for what it is - an ultra-light travel flying selfie camera. do not ask it t ..........."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest