DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inspire 2 and Litchi

jmm123

Reactions
I love using Litchi Waypoints with Mavic 2 Pro but I would like to upgrade. Mavic 3 without Litchi Waypoints is not for me.
How is the Inspire 2 with Litchi Waypoints - does it work as well as it does with the M2P?

Does the ProRes option on the Inspire make a difference?

TIA.
J

oes the ProRes option on the Inspire make a difference?
I can't answer about Inspire 2/Litchi Waypoints but I can help a bit with ProRes. I use ProRes in my workflow everyday. Its not a magic format but it has a few things going for it. On a drone it provides 10-bit color depth which gives you over a billion colors vs the standard 8-bit.

ProRes is very easily edited on a Mac. It doesn't bog down the computer like H265. Its lossless and uses a very high bitrate which records and preserves a maximum amount of video information for post processing. Its big Achilles heel is the size of files you have to work with..... about a gig of information is recorded every 30 seconds. ProRes is only really neccessary if working with a client that requires it.

I like working with the more compressed ProResLT for my personal projects. It produces file sizes on par with 10-bit H265 but is still more easily edited on my Mac M1 laptop which isn't particularly powerful.

In general ProRes is good but not necessary. H264/H265 do a fine job. The only reason to buy an Inspire 2 to would be because you want one and have a need for it. The camera is better but its a beast of a drone best left for a real enthusiast or professional. I think you would still find yourself using your Mavic 2 Pro in many shooting situations.

Yes, Inspire 2 works just like my Mavic Pro and 2 Pro with Litchi. Works great. Litchi is the balm. I soooo wish the Mini 3 would get sdk support So I could use Litchi with that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54