DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insta360 One R Aerial Edition - Yikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauicamera

Reactions
Put this on my Mavic Pro Platinum this morning with Insta360 Aerial Edition. I specifically got the Mavic Pro version so I could use GPS (I have m2p also). Well, GPS didn't work, so I flew it ATTI and man did it ever have a mind of it's own. It would fly either forward or backward at about 7mph. I'm glad I've been flying FPV lately becauese it took all my manual skills to land.

I'm glad I could land it but there is no way I could bring this to a pro shoot. Also, I calibrated IMU and compass before I flew and tested the Mavic out first and she flew fine without the mount.

Also, check out the videos showing the Jello issues with this mount that have popped on up youtube the past few weeks. This one shows the real difference in just a standard action cam mount and one using this Aerial Edition mount.

Just a warning to anyone thinking of getting this. I'm not sure it's worth the investment at this point. Insta360 is pretty good with firmware updates resolving issues but not sure an update could solve this issue.

I will probably get just an action camera mount if anyone can recommend one. I will save the Insta Mount for if they ever somehow fix it.

Reactions: mayneunit
Continue on the current thread on this camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada