DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insta360 One R Mavic Aerial Kit

bzmot

Reactions
Is anyone interested in the upcoming aerial kit for the new Insta360 One R where you can mount it on the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 (only ATTI here though). They call this effect “the invisible drone” (split cameras on top and bottom of the drone). I’m pretty excited and looking to buy that when it comes out.

I have one more question: the whole it is supposed to weigh 200g. Anyone has any experience with putting payload on the Mavic 2 and could give me a rough estimate how much that weight would eat into my battery life? How many minutes am I looking to lose? Insta360 give no data on this...

Last edited:
Is anyone interested in the upcoming aerial kit for the new Insta360 One R where you can mount it on the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 (only ATTI here though). They call this effect “the invisible drone” (split cameras on top and bottom of the drone). I’m pretty excited and looking to buy that when it comes out.

I have one more question: the whole it is supposed to weigh 200g. Anyone has any experience with putting payload on the Mavic 2 and could give me a rough estimate how much that weight would eat into my battery life? How many minutes am I looking to lose? Insta360 give no data on this...
I’ve had the insta 360 hooked up to my m2z a few times,attaching under the body, hid the propellers from view better.
Wish I’d had it on when I was flying beside a friendly hawk for a good few minutes,as you miss nothing recording on the camera.
I did notice the motors were quite hot when it landed,though the weather temp was up around 34c

Reactions: bzmot
I have a M2Zoom, a GoPro Fusion and a Rylo 360. I currently use a PGY Tech top mount for the cameras. THe M2Z does NOT like the weight of the Fusion and is somewhat unstable in flight with it onboard. The Rylo is a different story though. It is much lighter than the Fusion. The prop speed is about 300 RPM higher with the Rylo mounted than without the Rylo, but the flight is very stable and the Zoom flys well with it mounted. The top mount does impede GPS reception with either camera so it flies in "vision" mode. I plan on buying a belly mount soon and retrying both cameras. I did see the camera you are talking about but I plan on sticking with the Rylo.

I see. Unstable how? Is there shaking / turbulence? Or do you just mean that it goes into ATTI mode plus maybe the inertia is greater with the added load?

Neither one would surprise me. Fusion is a heavy piece of gear. I'll try with the Max next week, see what that gives.

I see. Unstable how? Is there shaking / turbulence? Or do you just mean that it goes into ATTI mode plus maybe the inertia is greater with the added load?

Neither one would surprise me. Fusion is a heavy piece of gear. I'll try with the Max next week, see what that gives.

It shakes. But like I stated, I'm going to buy an underslung mount and try both again, soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: bzmot
I see that the mount can be put on the top...but wouldn't that possibly interfere with GPS reception? I saw a photo of the mount hanging from the bottom of a Mavic pro...so my question is: how do you land with it slung underneath? Does it fold in? Even if it does, I imagine that you would have to be really gentle in the landing as I've read that the insta360 one x lenses are easily scratched. I am seriously looking at getting the one x, but I need some convincing that it would be ok to mount on my Mavic 2 pro.

I see that the mount can be put on the top...but wouldn't that possibly interfere with GPS reception? I saw a photo of the mount hanging from the bottom of a Mavic pro...so my question is: how do you land with it slung underneath? Does it fold in? Even if it does, I imagine that you would have to be really gentle in the landing as I've read that the insta360 one x lenses are easily scratched. I am seriously looking at getting the one x, but I need some convincing that it would be ok to mount on my Mavic 2 pro.
One camera mounts on top of the drone and one on the bottom of the drone. You will have to hand launch and hand catch the drone. I would also imagine that the top camera will block GPS reception.

I had an early setup for this that we seamed together the image in post. Oh how easy the kids have it these days....IMG_5867.JPG

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett