DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Installing Filters

MavicFlyer

Reactions
Has anybody just left a filter (UV) on the camera between flights?

I found that the Freewell filters add about 1-2mm (eyeballed) to the length of the lens barrel, compared to the bezel ring the MA comes with.

Has anybody had problems getting the gimbal lock back on, with a filter installed? Unscrewing a filter, and screwing on the bezel ring repeatedly seems like asking for trouble, especially if done in the field.

Nope. I have used both Freewell and polar pro and leave them on between flights. Gimbal guard goes over them just fine

I use the Polar Pro filters and they’re very low profile. If I’m done shooting with an ND filter on, I just leave it there until my next flight. The gimbal cover goes right on.

my PP ND filter stays attached permanently. no clearance or startup issues.

Thanks to everyone who answered. I have no problem putting on the "front" of the protector, but pressing down on the back, seems to require a little more effort...maybe it's just me.

left a filter (UV) on the camera between flights

I leave the UV filter on all the time unless I am going to use a polarizing filter or a filter to compensate for brightness. IMHO it is much less expensive to replace a filter that gets dinged than it i to replace the camera. There is no clearance problem to the gimbal cover

I just bought a set of filters but I can't get the one that's on the Cam off. These aren't by any chance reverse thread??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa