DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insufficient Local Storage

ewlang

Reactions
Hi -

Brand new drone pilot here - just took my Mavic Mini for its first spin.

I have a 4GB video file that i tried downloading to my phone via DJI FLY app, but getting "Insufficient Local Space" message. I have ~10GB of local space available on my phone, so this should not be a problem.

Anyone else having this problem? What's the easiest way to get a video file onto my phone?

Thank you!

I never dump the full videos to my mobiles. It's hard enough with the lower resolution cache files. I take the SD card out and copy the recordings to a 2TB compact USB HD.
Note that a lengthy recording appearing as one video could be multiple 4GB files, since videos get split when it reaches 4GB.

Be sure you actually have free space on your device.

Take out micro sd from drone - put in reader and download/edit on PC.

Hi,
I face also an issue with the storage location of photos and videos on the android app. It cannot be setup on external sd card of the phone. It's a shame because the edition features of the app are great to quickly edit and mount a video to share on social media directly from the phone, without the need of a computer!

Hi -

Brand new drone pilot here - just took my Mavic Mini for its first spin.

I have a 4GB video file that i tried downloading to my phone via DJI FLY app, but getting "Insufficient Local Space" message. I have ~10GB of local space available on my phone, so this should not be a problem.

Anyone else having this problem? What's the easiest way to get a video file onto my phone?

Thank you!
Might be that the file exceeds a storage limit for a single file size on your phone... so maybe it could accommodate a 2gb file...but not a 4...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N