DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance options in the UK?

harrinho

Reactions
Hi,

Since DJI refreshment requires the drone to be collected if damaged so as to be replaced, what are other insurance options in the UK? In the USA there is the State Farm for example, which replaces your done on theft, loss or accident and it's super cool, cheap and convenient.

Do we have anything similar in the UK?

Only insurance I am aware of is the BMFA but that is only third party liability and not accident cover.

Also Flock. Sadly it's also the 3rd party insurance and the drone as well as all the accessories are not covered. I don't know why is so difficult to find a comphrensive cover in the UK... sigh.

Flock does provide full cover if the insurance type is Commercial but the pilot has to be licensed. Not sure if the coming EU law may change this or not.

there are several companies out there a couple are flyicarus and cover drone and i believe that certain insurers will give you cover if you already have home and contents cover with them

Thanks @paolomario . I've checked the PhotoGuard insruance policy wording, which can be found at https://www.photoguard.co.uk/documents/2017/PhotoSelectPolicyWording.pdf, I'm confused how the drones are covered by their insurance, especially "Drones or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles" appear in almost every and each What is not covered section including Mechanical Breakdown cover. Very confusing I have to say and I have no idea how much protection this insurance offers. Do you have any experience with them? Thanks.

Hi,

Since DJI refreshment requires the drone to be collected if damaged so as to be replaced, what are other insurance options in the UK? In the USA there is the State Farm for example, which replaces your done on theft, loss or accident and it's super cool, cheap and convenient.

Do we have anything similar in the UK?
Commercial or Hobby?

Liability only or Liability and Hull cover?

Hobby and full cover if possible; the drone cover is the bottom line. Thanks.

Thanks a lot @The Editor . This cover looks very interesting.

BTW I checked with PhotoGuard yesterday and they confirmed that their policy wording explicitly EXcludes Mechanical Breakdown and Public Liability for drones, even if their website does allow one to buy those two extras.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61