DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance UK.... Hobby Flying

Hiwayman

Reactions
Whilst I take on specific insurance for commercial flights, my hobby flying is covered on my house policy by Aviva. How are others covering their hobby flying....are other home insurers offering this cover ?

I'm actually looking for a good insurance policy myself, so I'd be interested to see what people say.

I got quoted £79.51 for one year from Coverdrone. Which seems quite expensive, especially as there's a £100 deductible for both damages/losses and third party cover.

I'll look into my home insurance and see if they'll add my drone on it. My home insurance is with Churchill.

Reactions: mattgod69
Interested in following this one too. I work at Flock and we do commercial drone insurance but recently teamed up with Drone Cover Club who provide recreational cover. May be worth checking out!

I am also with Coverdrone, I have around £3,000 worth of stuff in my backpack so I didn’t think there quote was that bad considering they cover loss, theft & damage.

Churchill also don't cover drones.

After my recent close call, I decided to just go with Coverdrone instead of dithering any longer. I adjusted my estimated value of all airborne equipment to £650, by estimating the cost of my Air 2 bought in China as opposed to the UK price.

This brought my premium down to £67 for one year. This is comparable to DJI Care and Refresh.

The advantages I see are:

1) Worldwide cover. Important to me as I'm not currently in the UK.
2) Covers for loss as well as damage, if the drone is not recoverable.
3) Third party liability cover.

Overall, I think the price is reasonable. It's not cheap for sure, but given the prevalence of crashes and other mishaps, it is understandable.

I'm actually looking for a good insurance policy myself, so I'd be interested to see what people say.

I got quoted £79.51 for one year from Coverdrone. Which seems quite expensive, especially as there's a £100 deductible for both damages/losses and third party cover.

I'll look into my home insurance and see if they'll add my drone on it. My home insurance is with Churchill.
I am looking at getting insurance.... was this for commercial and recreational? The quote i have been given for my phantom 4 and mavi mini was much more than this?

I am also with Coverdrone, I have around £3,000 worth of stuff in my backpack so I didn’t think there quote was that bad considering they cover loss, theft & damage.
Hiya... roughly what did you pay for your insurance? i am being quoted around the £250 mark for commercial and recreational cover with £1M PL.

I've also gone with Coverdrone for my MA2. As its my first drone I felt the premium was worth it compared with the risk of loss/damage and the liability cover helped swing the decision too. I chose third party insurance rather than DJI Care because I felt the cover and claims process was more straight forward.

I will review this at the end of the current term based on my increased flying experience (hopefully no crashes) and also on the likelihood of me replacing/upgrading the drone in line with the new regs.

I just have Care Refresh, then I’m with FPVUK which gives me a hefty chunk of public liability insurance as part of the £19 a year membership fee as long as I’m hobby flying.

Hiya... roughly what did you pay for your insurance? i am being quoted around the £250 mark for commercial and recreational cover with £1M PL.
I don’t remember :rolleyes: but I have around £3000 worth of stuff in my drone backpack, that includes a digital camera so whatever it was I thought it worth it considering it includes theft, loss & damage.
No way can I afford to replace it all so not having to worry is a big plus.

OK, so today i got my A2 CofC certificate. However, it is dated towards the end of November, the day before my exam, rather than after they finally(!) approved the documentation i submitted early this year. Do you think this is because the exam date is the trigger? Many thanks in anticipation. Regards. Matt

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000