DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance...

Splue

Reactions
As a new Pilot I've been doing tons of research in every category I can think of. Well recently I've been looking into "personal artical" insurance policies. Not sure if this has been covered in previous threads and I apologize if so, however I figured it might help other pilots... I recently discovered that STATE FARM insurance will in fact cover a drone under the personal article policy. Long story short I was able to acquire full coverage, including crash and water damage for only $60 a year!! hope this helps some other new pilots like myself.

It's "personal article" coverage, but yes State Farm is great if available in your state. Do note that such coverage only covers the value of the drone and doesn't give you any liability coverage if you were to accidently injure someone else.

Reactions: Splue
As a new Pilot I've been doing tons of research in every category I can think of. Well recently I've been looking into "personal artical" insurance policies. Not sure if this has been covered in previous threads and I apologize if so, however I figured it might help other pilots... I recently discovered that STATE FARM insurance will in fact cover a drone under the personal article policy. Long story short I was able to acquire full coverage, including crash and water damage for only $60 a year!! hope this helps some other new pilots like myself.

Sparked my interest and just left a message for my broker. I'd be curious to know what their crash and water damage policy is?

Thanks.

It's "personal article" coverage, but yes State Farm is great if available in your state. Do note that such coverage only covers the value of the drone and doesn't give you any liability coverage if you were to accidently injure someone else.
That's an important note. I'm insured with state farm so any damage my drone may cause is covered to a certain amount.

I have (had) a policy with SF as they offer extended coverage for my hunting gear (decoy trailers, boats, mud motors Etc...), just talked to the rep and he said that since they were bought out by Desjardins (In Canada, no SF anymore) they have a strict no drone policy for both residential and commercial.

Waiting to hear back from my other policy holder who does my house & ski chalet, hopefully better luck.

Sparked my interest and just left a message for my broker. I'd be curious to know what their crash and water damage policy is?

Thanks.
To the best of my knowledge on what they've explained to me, they will cover loss, theft, crash, even flyaways which seemed strange as you will have no "proof" of disappearance. Usually when something seems to good to be true it is... with that being said we will see how this plays out and hope for no crashes and or flyaways.

Reactions: MAVIC_2_YTS
Add in liability, hull replacement, gimbal, medical, hit continue & bam [emoji117] $515.00

will they cover if the drone is lost????

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom