DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance?

Cajun Bob

Reactions
In short. My general liability company increased my rates by $2600 per year to add my DJI Mav Pro 2 to our policy.

this has Nothing to do with covering it should it crash.

Any recommendations for other liability insurance would be deeply appreciated.
Thanks
Bob

• Wow
Reactions: Ex Coelis
For liability, get the "Drone Verify" or the "Airmap" apps for your drone. Either will let you purchase liability insurance for a flight for reasonable price. I don't worry about liability way out in the middle of nowhere where the only things I would bother by crashing are grasshoppers and ants. You want this where you might do a few hundred grand in damage if you were going 50 miles per hour into a building with a 200 pound drone.

For liability, get the "Drone Verify" or the "Airmap" apps for your drone. Either will let you purchase liability insurance for a flight for reasonable price. I don't worry about liability way out in the middle of nowhere where the only things I would bother by crashing are grasshoppers and ants. You want this where you might do a few hundred grand in damage if you were going 50 miles per hour into a building with a 200 pound drone.
Absolutely, why take any liability. Just fly in the middle of nowhere. Grasshoppers dont sue.

Reactions: Cajun Bob
I think you really want to look at "Verifly", no pun intended, but "on the fly" liability insurance for your location and flight duration. You just set up your payment account with them, and just click/pick your flight location, the duration of your flight, and they will tell you how much for that flight.

Lawyers have destroyed more than an industry. DJI would be smart to add liability coverage insurance to "refresh" basically starting a new insurance company. International law could control "claims". All these insurance companies are getting stupid greedy. A professionally operated drone is probably not going to take out an airliner or any other damage. Who could "partner" with DJI for this ?
A recreational operator wouldn't normally purchase liability (blood from a turnip), but if premiums were reasonably priced - affordable - economy by holding the market share. ?

Try to file/collect on a claim with "DJI Liability Coverage"....
Just try to get your AC back or fixed from them....

And that is where Verifly comes in. You crash/dump your bird into a car, etc..., and you will be covered....up to 1 Mil, I believe, but you can set your own limits..
As long as you are flying safely.....and not doing anything s.t.u.p.i.d.....

Period.

Reactions: dawgpilot
In short. My general liability company increased my rates by $2600 per year to add my DJI Mav Pro 2 to our policy.

this has Nothing to do with covering it should it crash.

Any recommendations for other liability insurance would be deeply appreciated.
Thanks
Bob
I don't know about the US since I'm in the UK but that must be wrong. I have £1,000,000 third party liability insurance for my drone and it costs £16 for a year

For commercial work, a lot of companies won't accept Verifly as an insurance carrier for whatever reason. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it but I have seen that posted on the commercial forums before.

Myself, I have used them 4 times over the last maybe 2 yrs, and no issues.
But these were small 15/20 person company(ies)...

Check out IDRA: they claim to cover commercial use under their policy and its relatively inexpensive ($390/year for a 1 million dollar policy) compared to most of the competition that I've seen.

I am interested in this topic as well. I am a new drone owner planning to use drones for commercial usage after I get my part 107. I have dji care for my drone but am looking at the liability coverage. I contacted a State Farm agent who said he would get back to me. I am located in the United States.

Reactions: E90RAW
Worth mentioning again, check with your auto/home insurer. State Farm listed mine under their personal articles policy. Covers both my MPPs for $60 a year. If you crash and file within a year you'll get reimbursed for the full cost of the UAS but they'll drop your coverage at the end date.

I spoke with my State Farm rep a couple times and he assured me liability is covered under my home owners policy, cost me an additional $20.00 a year to bump it from $300,000 to $1,000,000. Believe it is known as umbrella liability coverage. Hope I never need to test that...

Reactions: Capt KO
I’ve been informed that you can only purchase the DJI care refresh within 48 of purchasing your Mavic. Have I been misinformed?

That's correct.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000