DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intelligent Flight Modes issues

PVC

Reactions
Hi All, Am a rookie having just bought the Mavic Air. Am trying to use the intelligent flight modes but i keep getting a message that it is a restricted area and they won't work. This happens on every mode. Today a firmware incompatibility message popped up but now when i turn it on its all clear. Can some one help!

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi Doppler, Thanks for your reply, yes i realise now i am in beginner mode! that would be a great start. Back to the you tube tutorials and back to the park tomorrow for another go. GPS is fine and the firmware upgrade message has come up and i have updated. This is a great forum! thanks again will be back on line tomorrow!

Paul

Hi Doppler, Thanks for your reply, yes i realise now i am in beginner mode! that would be a great start. Back to the you tube tutorials and back to the park tomorrow for another go. GPS is fine and the firmware upgrade message has come up and i have updated. This is a great forum! thanks again will be back on line tomorrow!

Paul
You are welcome. And glad you sorted that out quick:) The two videos I linked in my earlier post are an excellent introduction to the MA so do watch them. And the manual, download it and read it over and over again. The MA packs a lot in, it is a very sophisticated piece. The more you understand how it works, the lesser the chances of making a mistake that could prove quite costly. And welcome to the best MAVIC forum on the internet; this place is a treasure trove of information. It taught me everything I needed to know to be, dare I say it, a better than average pilot, photographer, and videographer:) Have a blast with your MA but take it easy the first couple of weeks!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Thanks, i saw these videos the other day and the guy does a great job. I obviously didn't take it all in first time around. will watch again.
Cheers!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Thanks Dirkclod. Have a trip to New Zealand in 2 weeks so trying to gain some confidence with it before i go!

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks Dirkclod. Have a trip to New Zealand in 2 weeks so trying to gain some confidence with it before i go!
Well watch and read what you have already been told and
get in some stick time so you can concentrate on framing your shots and just don’t push your limitations and look
forward to you posting some of what you capture. Thumbswayup

Well done video. I will watch more from this guy.
Something I noticed was his antenna orientation.
Some research in that regard may be a benefit at some point.
Happy flying!

Those videos really helped me get familiar with my Air when I first got it. I think they are still the best all around intro to the MA even today. And I like that he doesn't try to be over dramatic/funny. Him and CAPTAIN DRONE are my two favorite YouTubers for all things drone related.

Hi All, Am a rookie having just bought the Mavic Air. Am trying to use the intelligent flight modes but i keep getting a message that it is a restricted area and they won't work. This happens on every mode. Today a firmware incompatibility message popped up but now when i turn it on its all clear. Can some one help!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! If you have multiple batteries the firmware on each battery will need to be updated too, so you may get a firmware mis-match error, just swipe to update it and you'll be good-to-go. Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Thomas B
Hi Guys, i realised when i got out to the park that i had previously turned 'Beginner ' mode off. Tried again but still had the issues. tried again today and got similar results but also had tracking issues. On some occasions the tracking would not register and when i did it showed the following message. i attached a screen shot.

Does the software work in conjunction with local aviation restricted areas? i am in a '2nd tier' restricted area but i watched someone with a mavic air demonstrate the functions to me in the same location so i really am confused! any suggestions.

Attachments

• screenshot_229.jpg
    screenshot_229.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 8
  • screenshot_230.jpg
    screenshot_230.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 8
DJI maintains their own database but tries to correlate with govt restrictions. The Go map will show the zones you're in, as well as flysafe.dji.com.
Depending on the zone, you can self-unlock DJI NFZ's. You can appeal to DJI for unlock codes for special circumstances similar to getting a waiver from govt.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorhavasu