DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interesting distortion on M2 pano horizontal

offtheback

Reactions
Got a few landscape pics with foreground distortion that is kinda like leading lines.

Attachments

• 1 (14).jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 47
Reactions: alpineph
for the white lines at the top of the image , if you magnify the image, you'll see they are airliner vapor trails

Reactions: offtheback
for the white lines at the top of the image

I believe that the OP is referring to the distortion that appears on the bottom of the photo. Look at the houses on the left. They are stretched out. Is this a lens distortion issue that would get corrected by using lens correction in something like Photoshop, Lightroom, or other similar photo editing software? The OP does not say if this is a Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom. If Pro, is it a known issue that there is distortion straight of of the camera? Is this the type of distortion being referred to?

I believe that the OP is referring to the distortion that appears on the bottom of the photo. Look at the houses on the left. They are stretched out. Is this a lens distortion issue that would get corrected by using lens correction in something like Photoshop, Lightroom, or other similar photo editing software? The OP does not say if this is a Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom. If Pro, is it a known issue that there is distortion straight of of the camera? Is this the type of distortion being referred to?
The normal distortion of the Mavic 2 Pro is mostly corrected upon import to Lightroom or Photos.Depending on the result I often use manual distortion correction in the vertical and some lens profiles straighten out the curve of the horizon.The horizontal pano gives you the distortion that lengthens near objects thus my comment on leading lines.The railroad tracks seem to benefit from the lengthening too IU believe.

OK. Then the distortion is to be expected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada