DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

interesting flight this morning

edfrombama

Reactions
Good morning to all-
So this morning we took a little trip to Navarre Beach, Florida to try and catch some fish and to fly the drone over the beach and water.
Fishing was non-productive.
I launched the Mini 2 in a breeze- not too extreme, but enough to be a factor.
The drone flew very well, and I got some decent clear water/white sand beach videos.
But I noticed that it was very hard to keep the drone in sight given the bright sun and the glare reflecting up off the white sand. Also, the surf made following the drone by sound quite difficult. I am very glad DJI has such a very good tracking system and map which made controlling the drone and determining its position easy.
So, what did we learn in class today? Bright light can make visually tracking the drone hard, and all the practice hand-catching the drone on landing paid off- don't want to land the drone in the fine sand of the beach- would be very bad on the motors.

What have you all learned from your recent flights?

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Try some of this on the battery cover and the horizonal section of the legs. Another member posted months ago (didn't find the post) and it works great on my MM2.

If you lose sight of the drone just spin it around on it axis and look for the flare.

Trimbrite T0926 3X5 Chrome Prisma Strip

Try some of this on the battery cover and the horizonal section of the legs. Another member posted months ago (didn't find the post) and it works great on my MM2.

If you lose sight of the drone just spin it around on it axis and look for the flare.

Trimbrite T0926 3X5 Chrome Prisma Strip
A suggestion that has some merit and I am anxious to try that suggestion on my next outing. Living in central Texas I do not fly in the heat of the day and try to fly near sunset. So I suspect spinning it around 360 degrees would help in visibility, but I sure would like to have strobe lights.

Another member posted months ago (didn't find the post) and it works great on my MM2.

I think this is the link you are referring to…

See my Mini 2 easily

Oh, and as a final reminder, if you hand catch in a breeze, always keep the wind at your back. If there is a gust, the drone will not be pushed into your face…

I think this is the link you are referring to…

See my Mini 2 easily

Oh, and as a final reminder, if you hand catch in a breeze, always keep the wind at your back. If there is a gust, the drone will not be pushed into your face…
Ahhh that's the one. Thanks you LoudThunder.

Reactions: LoudThunder
A suggestion that has some merit and I am anxious to try that suggestion on my next outing. Living in central Texas I do not fly in the heat of the day and try to fly near sunset. So I suspect spinning it around 360 degrees would help in visibility, but I sure would like to have strobe lights.
Check out FireHouse Technology products, they are VERY Bright LED Lights in either RED (which I have) or WHITE or GREEN . They can
be set to Flash every Second or so or stay on Solid. I love the RED Flashing. I can now see my Mini-2 about the length of a Football field. I also have the Firehouse V (five) for my DJI Mavic Air 2. High Output strobe Module
Here is the link:
www.firehousetechnology.com

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929