DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interesting flight

caspian

Reactions
Just got back from a short flight with my MP. after taking off and hovering for around 30 secs, I climbed out in GPS mode and shortly afterwards got a single loud BEEP from the RC. no warnings, alarms or informationals in DJI Go 4, nothing felt abnormal and when I looked at the AC (only 70m downrange at 30m high) there were no birds or anything nearby either. finished the flight without incident.

on landing, I think I must have found a grasshopper with the front left rotor... bug guts everywhere. yuck.

I just uploaded the flight data into airdata and there were no unexpected events recorded for the flight at all. weird, I wonder what the beep was? the one time I've ever had a proximity alert from a bird I definitely got an alert and an event was logged, can the AC detect a strike or rotor impact that wouldn't show up in the event log?

this was while flying south against a mid afternoon sun, with the sun well into the northern hemisphere at this time of year - pretty much as far away from the nose of the aircraft as possible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3